11 Unusual, Punny, and Funny Beer Names
Beers with funny names makes them stand out and be remembered! Everyone loves a good beer pun too. And remember, nothing pairs better with beer than a few laughs.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 18, 2017
1. Dark Side Schwarzbier from Something Brewing was inspired from the Star Wars Franchise and it’s awesome!
2. Pigs Ass Porter by Harvest Moon Brewing was inspired while the brewers where drinking this brew, back in 1997. The local hog farmer showed up to collect their spent mash and they though, “What could be better for fattening pigs?”
So this is a real beer here in Montana! Would you drink it??? #nothankyou #itsnotbad #pigsassporter A photo posted by Machelle Davis James (@machelledjames) on
3. Bean Me Up Espresso Milk Stout from Fuggles & Warlock Craftworks is a beer loving, coffee drinking, nerds dream.
4. This unusually named beer, Kiss the Goat, is actually lyrics to a song sung by “Sons of Huns,” a rock group that wrote the song for the launch of the beer with the same name brewed by Gigantic Brewing.
5. Funky Jewbelation by Shmaltz Brewing Company is a blend of Jewbelation 19 and 20, St. Lenny’s, Rejewvenator, Origin Pomegranate Strong Ale, Messiah Nut Brown Ale, Hanukkah Beer and Genesis Dry Hopped Session Ale. This is how they made it Funky for 2017!
6. Coronado Brewing Company‘s Punk’in Drublic is awesome, because we have all been there… right?!?!
A match made in spooky heaven #nationalcandycornday #Halloween #sdbeer #mermaidsighting A photo posted by Coronado Brewing Co. (@coronadobrewing) on
7. Ryes Against the Machine is Hell’s Basement‘s tribute to autumn and represents the fields of Southern Alberta and the hard working harvesters that live in this great province.
8. Plaid to the Bone was first brewed by Picaroons Traditional Ales in 2012 in support of the New Brunswick Highland Games Festival and is rightfully named as they brew it with real Scottish Heather tips.
#THROWbackThursday! HeadBrewerMylesMacKenzie tossing kegs at the @NBHighlandGames 2 years ago. #CantWaitForSummer A photo posted by PICAROONS TRADITIONAL ALES (@picaroons) on
9. Toques of Hazard from Parallel 49 is a super Canadian name that, paired with the art on the label, makes me want to don my touque, grab a beer and watch a hockey game.
10. Arrowhead Brewing is geniously using beer terms right, when naming their, I’m So Freaking Hoppy beer
We’re up for a CCBA Label of the Year Award for our I’m so Freaking Hoppy IPA! We’re pumped and look forward to the winner being announced in August! #award #design #graphicdesign #coolbeerlabel #bccraftbeer #drinklocal A photo posted by Arrowhead Brewing Company (@arrowheadbrew) on
11. What The Huck by the Fernie Brewing Co. is bringing the Rocky Mountain native, the Huckleberry into this beer due to its prized sweetness and deep colour.
For more social-savvy beer posts, check out:
Beer Hashtags for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
Cats of Instagram That Love Beer More Than You
Dogs of Instagram That Will Make You Wish You Had a Cold Beer Right Now
Molson Canadian Free Beer Facebook Scam
Why You Need To Be At The Edmonton Craft Beer Festival June 1 & 2, 2018!
Unless you’ve attended the Edmonton Craft Beer Festival before, you might not realize just how fast it has grown or all the different elements there are to enjoy at it. With the #YEGBeerFest happening June 1st and 2nd at the Expo Centre, we thought it was the perfect time to bring you our top 5 reasons to attend the event this year.