11 Unusual, Punny, and Funny Beer Names
Beers with funny names makes them stand out and be remembered! Everyone loves a good beer pun too. And remember, nothing pairs better with beer than a few laughs.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 18, 2017
1. Dark Side Schwarzbier from Something Brewing was inspired from the Star Wars Franchise and it’s awesome!
2. Pigs Ass Porter by Harvest Moon Brewing was inspired while the brewers where drinking this brew, back in 1997. The local hog farmer showed up to collect their spent mash and they though, “What could be better for fattening pigs?”
So this is a real beer here in Montana! Would you drink it??? #nothankyou #itsnotbad #pigsassporter A photo posted by Machelle Davis James (@machelledjames) on
3. Bean Me Up Espresso Milk Stout from Fuggles & Warlock Craftworks is a beer loving, coffee drinking, nerds dream.
4. This unusually named beer, Kiss the Goat, is actually lyrics to a song sung by “Sons of Huns,” a rock group that wrote the song for the launch of the beer with the same name brewed by Gigantic Brewing.
5. Funky Jewbelation by Shmaltz Brewing Company is a blend of Jewbelation 19 and 20, St. Lenny’s, Rejewvenator, Origin Pomegranate Strong Ale, Messiah Nut Brown Ale, Hanukkah Beer and Genesis Dry Hopped Session Ale. This is how they made it Funky for 2017!
6. Coronado Brewing Company‘s Punk’in Drublic is awesome, because we have all been there… right?!?!
A match made in spooky heaven #nationalcandycornday #Halloween #sdbeer #mermaidsighting A photo posted by Coronado Brewing Co. (@coronadobrewing) on
7. Ryes Against the Machine is Hell’s Basement‘s tribute to autumn and represents the fields of Southern Alberta and the hard working harvesters that live in this great province.
8. Plaid to the Bone was first brewed by Picaroons Traditional Ales in 2012 in support of the New Brunswick Highland Games Festival and is rightfully named as they brew it with real Scottish Heather tips.
#THROWbackThursday! HeadBrewerMylesMacKenzie tossing kegs at the @NBHighlandGames 2 years ago. #CantWaitForSummer A photo posted by PICAROONS TRADITIONAL ALES (@picaroons) on
9. Toques of Hazard from Parallel 49 is a super Canadian name that, paired with the art on the label, makes me want to don my touque, grab a beer and watch a hockey game.
10. Arrowhead Brewing is geniously using beer terms right, when naming their, I’m So Freaking Hoppy beer
We’re up for a CCBA Label of the Year Award for our I’m so Freaking Hoppy IPA! We’re pumped and look forward to the winner being announced in August! #award #design #graphicdesign #coolbeerlabel #bccraftbeer #drinklocal A photo posted by Arrowhead Brewing Company (@arrowheadbrew) on
11. What The Huck by the Fernie Brewing Co. is bringing the Rocky Mountain native, the Huckleberry into this beer due to its prized sweetness and deep colour.
For more social-savvy beer posts, check out:
Beer Hashtags for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
Cats of Instagram That Love Beer More Than You
Dogs of Instagram That Will Make You Wish You Had a Cold Beer Right Now
Molson Canadian Free Beer Facebook Scam
VIDEO: The Canning Revolution
How Cask Brewing Systems of Calgary helped Hilliard Beer Co. of Seattle start a canning revolution.
The Beerbelly Stealth Drinking System
Usually having a beer belly might not be such a positive thing, but The Beerbelly Stealth Drinking System will make you the most popular guy or gal at the party.
Fizzics – Bringing Draft Beer to Your Home with No Muss or Fuss
Get that delicious fresh draft beer taste at home straight from your beer can, beer bottle, growler or crowler with Fizzics.
VIDEO: The Making of Des Cousines Collab Beer
Excuse our French, but don’t worry it’s nothing bad. Des Cousines means the female cousins in French and it is a collaboration between Chicago’s Goose Island and Denver’s Beryl’s Beer Co. So are they actually cousins?