Punny, funny and unusual beer names
Naming your beer with a pun or funny saying makes your beer stand out and be remembered. Also, there is nothing that pairs better with beer than a few chuckles or laughs.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 18, 2017
Check out these unusual names of 12 yummy beers:
11) Pigs Ass Porter by Harvest Moon Brewing was inspired while the brewers where drinking this brew, back in 1997, the local hog farmer showed up to collect their spent mash and they though, “what could be better for fattening pigs?”
A photo posted by Machelle Davis James (@machelledjames) on
9) This unusually named beer, Kiss the Goat, are actually lyrics to a song sung by “Sons of Huns,” a rock group that wrote the song for the launch of the beer with the same name brewed by Gigantic Brewing.
8) Funky Jewbelation by Shmaltz Brewing Company is a blend of Jewbelation 19 and 20, St. Lenny’s, Rejewvenator, Origin Pomegranate Strong Ale, Messiah Nut Brown Ale, Hanukkah Beer and Genesis Dry Hopped Session Ale. This is how they made it Funky for 2017!
A photo posted by Coronado Brewing Co. (@coronadobrewing) on
5) Plaid to the Bone was first brewed by Picaroons Traditional Ales in 2012 in support of the New Brunswick Highland Games Festival and is rightfully named as they brew it with real Scottish Heather tips.
A photo posted by PICAROONS TRADITIONAL ALES (@picaroons) on
We’re up for a CCBA Label of the Year Award for our I’m so Freaking Hoppy IPA! We’re pumped and look forward to the winner being announced in August! #award #design #graphicdesign #coolbeerlabel #bccraftbeer #drinklocal
A photo posted by Arrowhead Brewing Company (@arrowheadbrew) on
1) Like Lucy pulling that football away from our favorite sphere-headed dolt, this kettle-soured brown ale tantalizes with hints of tartness, then pulls away to reveal a bold, malt-forward body. Charlie Brown’s got a malt-forward body, too – malt balls and malted milkshakes, that is…is the reason that 13 Virtues Brewing named this beer: Sorry Charlie: Sorta Sour Brown with Tart Cherries
10 Things You Can Do With Beer Besides Drink It
We know you love to drink it, but beer actually can be used in a lot more ways than you’d think.
TOP 10 REASONS YOU CAN’T MISS THE 2018 CALGARY INTERNATIONAL BEERFEST!
Calgary International Beerfest has evolved into one of the largest and best beer festivals in the world. Music, parties, cooking, tasting, community, spirits, education, stories, charity, beer and so much more. Here are the Top 10 Reasons you should attend the 2018 #YYCBeerfest.