ABF Calgary International Beerfest Launch Party
Alberta Beer Festivals held their Calgary International Beerfest Launch Party on Tuesday, April 10th at Craft Beer Market! They made some exciting announcements about what’s going on at the 2018 YYC Int’l Beerfest. If you missed out, here are the details and all the info you need!
By The Beer Community on Apr. 17, 2018
ABF (Alberta Beer Festivals) held their Calgary International Beerfest Launch Party on Tuesday, April 10th at Craft Beer Market! ABF loves hosting these events as an opportunity to celebrate community, meet interesting people, and of course announce all the great things we have going on at this year’s festival! If you want to see some of the good times we had at the launch party, you can check out the pictures HERE.
If you missed out, here are some of the exciting announcements about what’s going on at this year’s Calgary International Beerfest, presented by Sobeys Liquor and Safeway Liquor, happening May 4th and 5th at the BMO Centre, including:
Calgary International Beerfest
We provided some exciting announcements about what’s going on at this year’s Calgary International Beerfest, presented by Sobeys Liquor and Safeway Liquor, happening May 4th and 5th at the BMO Centre, including:
- Over 500 beers, ciders and spirits from 40 countries – 160 Breweries & Distilleries, and 30 of Calgary’s amazing restaurants/pubs – a destination for 43,000 people from around the province and around the world
- Ultimate VIP Beer Geek Experience including private VIP lounge and washrooms; free entry into their choice of seminars
- Brew Master Seminars hosted by Craft Beer Market featuring Brew Masters from Alberta’s fast-growing craft beer industry while providing samples
- Cooking with Beer Seminars hosted by Rickard’s featuring beer pairings with cheese and chocolate!
- Canadian International Beer Awards (CIBA) – certified judges lead groups of celebrity judges in over 20 different categories, making this one of the largest beer judging forums in North America
- ATB Financial Beer University – from Grains to Glass, learn about where Alberta beer comes from, sample beers from future brew masters at Olds College Brew Master Program including the #BeTheBrewer Contest Sai Whaaat? Saison beer. The RAHR Malting Cask Stage, inside Beer U, has a special celebration in store for their 25th Anniversary of supplying premium quality Alberta malting barley to breweries at home and across the globe.
- Live Local Music at two stages including the Calgary Folk Music Festival Stage with two female bands; The Lashes and Pancake
- The 1st Annual North American Women’s Beverage Alliance is a great initiative we are proud to be part of bringing female industry leaders from across North America to Calgary
- The Craft Distillery District, featuring Alberta’s growing Craft Distilleries for those who like spirits
- Supporting local charities including Kids Up Front and Autism Aspergers Friendship Society of Calgary, this is our 10th anniversary working with AAFS!
- NEW Calgary International Beerfest After Party at Calgary Stampede’s newly renovated Big 4 Roadhouse with live performances by JJ Shiplett, The Dudes and DJ Burchil
Get your tix today & SAVE: www.showpass.com/2018-calgary-international-beerfest.
8 Reasons You Should Check Out Alberta Beer Festival’s Calgary International Beerfest
1. Beer; 2. Beer; 3. Beer; 4. Beer; 5. Beer; 6. Beer; 7. Beer; 8. Food!
So What Exactly is the Jasper Beer & Barley Summit?
Jasper Beer & Barley Summit is coming your way. Learn more now!
7 Places in Calgary to Have a Beer and Play Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
If you missed out on the PokemonGo craze, but you’re a die-hard Potter Head. Grab your phone and have your wands at the ready, we’re about to tell you the best places to grab a pint and play Harry Potter: Wizards Unite in Calgary!
Banff Craft Beer Festival Mountain Adventure
The 2017 Banff Craft Beer Festival is more than just great spirits, great food and great beer – it’s a chance to dive into the past, to seek new discoveries, and most importantly – it gives you the opportunity to choose your mountain adventure!
Pokémon Go, Beer, and a Pub Crawl Anyone?
Pokemon Go has quickly become the hottest augmented-reality video game with participants racing around the city to find Pokemons. The big question is: Do you catch more flies with honey? How should local bars and pubs be reacting? Should they jump on the band wagon or keep the players out?