15 Alberta Beers to Try in the New Year of 2017
Happy New Year! Check out this list that CAMRA’s Facebook following put together of the top Alberta beers to try in the new year.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 01, 2017
Recently, CAMRA Alberta shared a post onto their Facebook page asking their followers what local beers they will be drinking over the holiday season and into the new year. We thought that we would share the responses.
Top 15 Alberta Beers For The New Year:
1. Jamie Gordon’s Flat Cap Stout – Tool Shed Brewing (Calgary)
2. Oblation Barrel Aged Barley Wine – Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
3. The Apocalypse Dudes – The Dandy Brewing Co. (Calgary)
4. Resolutions 2017 – Bent Stick Brewing (Edmonton)
5. Javalanche – Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
6. Make That A Double – Outcast Brewing (Calgary)
7. 2015 Vintage Barleywine – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
8. Blue Monk Barley Wine – Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
9. Andy’s Wee Heavy Scottish Ale – Common Crown Brewing (Calgary)
10. Rutting Elk Red – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
11. Monk – Village Brewery (Calgary)
12. Cherry Porter – Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
13. Old Man Winter Porter – Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
14. Ryes Against The Machine – Hell’s Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
15. White Raven – Apex Predator Brewing (Edson)
If you haven’t tried these Alberta brews, you better make a New Year’s resolution and get them on your list!
Here is CAMRA’s the original post, if you’d like to contribute to the list:
Now that you know what Alberta beers to try in the new year, here are some other articles we think you might enjoy:
10 Beers to Drink on Chinese New Year: Year Of The Pig
Chinese New Year 2019 falls on Tuesday, February 5th. 2019 is the Year of the Pig! What better way to celebrate than with these 10 great pig-inspired beers!
2017 Beer Awards on JustBeer
Are you looking to try some award-winning beers? Did you know can find them all in one place on JustBeer?! Check out these links!
REVIEW: National Beer Hall – Calgary, AB
It’s no surprise that National Beer Hall was voted one of the best pubs in Calgary, AB. Each National location comes with it’s own vibe, but the 4 beer halls have the same common denominator; good food and great beer. Check out each location around Calgary and see which one is your favourite.
The Top 15 Most Popular Brazilian Craft Beers
With the 2016 Rio Olympics in full swing, we decided to take a virtual beer road trip to Brazil and check out what the locals are drinking. Brasil Craft Beer vamos nós!