15 Alberta Beers to Try in the New Year of 2017
Happy New Year! Check out this list that CAMRA’s Facebook following put together of the top Alberta beers to try in the new year.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 01, 2017
Recently, CAMRA Alberta shared a post onto their Facebook page asking their followers what local beers they will be drinking over the holiday season and into the new year. We thought that we would share the responses.
Top 15 Alberta Beers For The New Year:
1. Jamie Gordon’s Flat Cap Stout – Tool Shed Brewing (Calgary)
2. Oblation Barrel Aged Barley Wine – Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
3. The Apocalypse Dudes – The Dandy Brewing Co. (Calgary)
4. Resolutions 2017 – Bent Stick Brewing (Edmonton)
5. Javalanche – Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
6. Make That A Double – Outcast Brewing (Calgary)
7. 2015 Vintage Barleywine – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
8. Blue Monk Barley Wine – Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
9. Andy’s Wee Heavy Scottish Ale – Common Crown Brewing (Calgary)
10. Rutting Elk Red – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
11. Monk – Village Brewery (Calgary)
12. Cherry Porter – Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
13. Old Man Winter Porter – Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
14. Ryes Against The Machine – Hell’s Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
15. White Raven – Apex Predator Brewing (Edson)
If you haven’t tried these Alberta brews, you better make a New Year’s resolution and get them on your list!
Here is CAMRA’s the original post, if you’d like to contribute to the list:
Now that you know what Alberta beers to try in the new year, here are some other articles we think you might enjoy:
2017 Beer Awards on JustBeer
Are you looking to try some award-winning beers? Did you know can find them all in one place on JustBeer?! Check out these links!
VIDEO: Father Rauchbier by Village Brewery Beer Review – Calgary, AB
Dan Crocker, A.K.A. booze reviews, is the king of beer reviews. Village Brewery has released their Father Rauchbier in honour of Father’s Day! Watch Dan’s video below to find out if Village Brewery’s latest brew is tasty enough to give to your Dad this Father’s Day.
VIDEO: People Skills Cream Ale by Tool Shed Brewing Company Beer Review – Calgary, AB
Dan Crocker, A.K.A. booze reviews, is the king of beer reviews. Watch Dan’s video below to see just what he thought of Tool Shed’s People Skills Cream Ale.
The Top 5 Must-Try Dark Beers
Whether you’re a dark beer lover or you’re just entering the world of these deep delights, check out these 5 must-try dark beers.