15 Alberta Beers to Try in the New Year of 2017
Happy New Year! Check out this list that CAMRA’s Facebook following put together of the top Alberta beers to try in the new year.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 01, 2017
Recently, CAMRA Alberta shared a post onto their Facebook page asking their followers what local beers they will be drinking over the holiday season and into the new year. We thought that we would share the responses.
Top 15 Alberta Beers For The New Year:
1. Jamie Gordon’s Flat Cap Stout – Tool Shed Brewing (Calgary)
2. Oblation Barrel Aged Barley Wine – Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
3. The Apocalypse Dudes – The Dandy Brewing Co. (Calgary)
4. Resolutions 2017 – Bent Stick Brewing (Edmonton)
5. Javalanche – Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
6. Make That A Double – Outcast Brewing (Calgary)
7. 2015 Vintage Barleywine – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
8. Blue Monk Barley Wine – Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
9. Andy’s Wee Heavy Scottish Ale – Common Crown Brewing (Calgary)
10. Rutting Elk Red – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
11. Monk – Village Brewery (Calgary)
12. Cherry Porter – Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
13. Old Man Winter Porter – Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
14. Ryes Against The Machine – Hell’s Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
15. White Raven – Apex Predator Brewing (Edson)
If you haven’t tried these Alberta brews, you better make a New Year’s resolution and get them on your list!
Here is CAMRA’s the original post, if you’d like to contribute to the list:
Now that you know what Alberta beers to try in the new year, here are some other articles we think you might enjoy:
VIDEO: Pilsner by Steamworks Brewing Company Beer Review – Burnaby, BC
Dan Crocker, A.K.A. booze reviews, is the king of beer reviews. Watch Dan’s video below to find out if Steamwork’s Pilsner is awesome, or just full of steam.
How To Throw A Beer & Diaper Party – The Best Dad Baby Shower Ideas
Is your buddy going to be a daddy? Don’t miss out the fun that a baby shower can be for you and the boys. Plan him a Beer & Diaper Party.
VIDEO: 2016 Unity Brew – Alberta Collaboration Beer Review
Dan Crocker, A.K.A. booze reviews, is the king of beer reviews. In this video beer review, Dan is trying the 2016 Unity Brew: An Alberta Collaboration Beer. #AlbertaBeer #DrinkLocal
The Best Tips For An Aspiring Bartender
Are you an aspiring bartender? We had a chat with some amazing bartenders and asked them to share with us their best advice for a new or aspiring bartender, some of their favourite parts of the job, and let us in on their favourite recipes!