15 Alberta Beers to Try in the New Year of 2017
Happy New Year! Check out this list that CAMRA’s Facebook following put together of the top Alberta beers to try in the new year.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 01, 2017
Recently, CAMRA Alberta shared a post onto their Facebook page asking their followers what local beers they will be drinking over the holiday season and into the new year. We thought that we would share the responses.
Top 15 Alberta Beers For The New Year:
1. Jamie Gordon’s Flat Cap Stout – Tool Shed Brewing (Calgary)
2. Oblation Barrel Aged Barley Wine – Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
3. The Apocalypse Dudes – The Dandy Brewing Co. (Calgary)
4. Resolutions 2017 – Bent Stick Brewing (Edmonton)
5. Javalanche – Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
6. Make That A Double – Outcast Brewing (Calgary)
7. 2015 Vintage Barleywine – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
8. Blue Monk Barley Wine – Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
9. Andy’s Wee Heavy Scottish Ale – Common Crown Brewing (Calgary)
10. Rutting Elk Red – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
11. Monk – Village Brewery (Calgary)
12. Cherry Porter – Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
13. Old Man Winter Porter – Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
14. Ryes Against The Machine – Hell’s Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
15. White Raven – Apex Predator Brewing (Edson)
If you haven’t tried these Alberta brews, you better make a New Year’s resolution and get them on your list!
Here is CAMRA’s the original post, if you’d like to contribute to the list:
Now that you know what Alberta beers to try in the new year, here are some other articles we think you might enjoy:
VIDEO: The Last Mango Wit by Fuggles & Warlock Craftworks Beer Review – Richmond, BC
Dan Crocker, A.K.A. booze reviews, is the king of beer reviews. Watch Dan’s video below to find out if you should pick up a bottle of Fuggles & Warlock’s latest brew.
VIDEO: Pilsner by Steamworks Brewing Company Beer Review – Burnaby, BC
Dan Crocker, A.K.A. booze reviews, is the king of beer reviews. Watch Dan’s video below to find out if Steamwork’s Pilsner is awesome, or just full of steam.
10 Great Canadian Beers for Light Beer Drinkers
Whether you live in Canada or are planning a Canadian vacation, these beers are not to be missed. Plan your “beercation” around some great Canadian Beer Festivals or brewery tours and make sure to drink local with these delicious lighter style beers. If you’re just getting into craft beers here are some light flavoured craft brews you definitely want to try.
9 Cannabis-Infused Beers to Drink on 4/20
Calling all stoners, occasional weed smokers, or any beer-lover looking for a smoke-free high: Cannabis THC-infused beer is now a thing and these weed beers are the perfect drink to sip on to celebrate a pot-head’s favourite day; 4/20.