15 Alberta Beers to Try in the New Year of 2017
Happy New Year! Check out this list that CAMRA’s Facebook following put together of the top Alberta beers to try in the new year.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 01, 2017
Recently, CAMRA Alberta shared a post onto their Facebook page asking their followers what local beers they will be drinking over the holiday season and into the new year. We thought that we would share the responses.
Top 15 Alberta Beers For The New Year:
1. Jamie Gordon’s Flat Cap Stout – Tool Shed Brewing (Calgary)
2. Oblation Barrel Aged Barley Wine – Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
3. The Apocalypse Dudes – The Dandy Brewing Co. (Calgary)
4. Resolutions 2017 – Bent Stick Brewing (Edmonton)
5. Javalanche – Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
6. Make That A Double – Outcast Brewing (Calgary)
7. 2015 Vintage Barleywine – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
8. Blue Monk Barley Wine – Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
9. Andy’s Wee Heavy Scottish Ale – Common Crown Brewing (Calgary)
10. Rutting Elk Red – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
11. Monk – Village Brewery (Calgary)
12. Cherry Porter – Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
13. Old Man Winter Porter – Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
14. Ryes Against The Machine – Hell’s Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
15. White Raven – Apex Predator Brewing (Edson)
If you haven’t tried these Alberta brews, you better make a New Year’s resolution and get them on your list!
Here is CAMRA’s the original post, if you’d like to contribute to the list:
Now that you know what Alberta beers to try in the new year, here are some other articles we think you might enjoy:
9 Beers to Drink to Celebrate Valentine’s Day
When people think Valentine’s Day and love and romance, they often think wine or champagne– but not this time, beer can be romantic too. Check out these 9 beers that’ll really bring the romance this Valentine’s Day.
6 Beers to Share with Your Father
For many of you, your love affair with beer probably started with your father. Here are a couple of beers to enjoy with the old man to thank him for everything he has done for you.
VIDEO: Freehold Brewing, Big Chutes Lager Review
There is a new brewery in Calgary that is starting to make waves, this one is Freehold Brewing, and I managed to get a hold of their Big Chutes Lager:
10 Limited Edition Stouts Every Beer Lover Needs to Try
It’s been a big month for Stouts! Many of these new beer releases are limited edition or seasonal, so we recommend you get your hands on a brew as soon as possible!
Top 5 Gluten-Free Beers You Need To Try
Companies like Glutenberg and Omission specialize in gluten-free beers and have pushed the gluten-free beer market to new heights. Now, other brewers are jumping on the band wagon and at least creating one gluten-free beer, so that nobody is left without a beer in hand. Continue reading to find out the top 5 gluten free beers to try!