15 Alberta Beers to Try in the New Year of 2017
Happy New Year! Check out this list that CAMRA’s Facebook following put together of the top Alberta beers to try in the new year.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 01, 2017
Recently, CAMRA Alberta shared a post onto their Facebook page asking their followers what local beers they will be drinking over the holiday season and into the new year. We thought that we would share the responses.
Top 15 Alberta Beers For The New Year:
1. Jamie Gordon’s Flat Cap Stout – Tool Shed Brewing (Calgary)
2. Oblation Barrel Aged Barley Wine – Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
3. The Apocalypse Dudes – The Dandy Brewing Co. (Calgary)
4. Resolutions 2017 – Bent Stick Brewing (Edmonton)
5. Javalanche – Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
6. Make That A Double – Outcast Brewing (Calgary)
7. 2015 Vintage Barleywine – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
8. Blue Monk Barley Wine – Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
9. Andy’s Wee Heavy Scottish Ale – Common Crown Brewing (Calgary)
10. Rutting Elk Red – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
11. Monk – Village Brewery (Calgary)
12. Cherry Porter – Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
13. Old Man Winter Porter – Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
14. Ryes Against The Machine – Hell’s Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
15. White Raven – Apex Predator Brewing (Edson)
If you haven’t tried these Alberta brews, you better make a New Year’s resolution and get them on your list!
Here is CAMRA’s the original post, if you’d like to contribute to the list:
Now that you know what Alberta beers to try in the new year, here are some other articles we think you might enjoy:
Alberta Craft Breweries List: A Guide and Directory to Canadian Beers
Alberta Beer Week 2017
Women & Beer in Alberta
REVIEW: Brewsters Brewing Company in Lake Bonavista, Calgary, Alberta
Dan Crocker, A.K.A. booze reviews, recently discovered the Brewsters located in Calgary’s south east’s Lake Bonavista Promenade. Continue reading to find out Dan’s exact thoughts Brewsters Brewing Company.
Wines To Try According To Your Favorite Beer Style
We know your loyalties lie with brews, but sometimes a social situation may arise where you just have to have a wine instead. Don’t waste your time on a varietal you won’t like. Here’s a great way to figure out which varietal you’ll like based on your preferred beer style. It’s pretty right on. Go ahead and give it a try!
VIDEO: Beer recommendations JUST for you
We’ve been working hard to bring the world of craft beer to you; check out our latest features and updates with this video.
Hochzeitsbier by Russell Brewing Company: The Perfect Beer for a Wedding
Getting married this summer, but beer is more your style than wine or champagne? Hochzeitsbier by Russell Brewing Company is the perfect beer for your wedding.