15 Alberta Beers to Try in the New Year of 2017
Happy New Year! Check out this list that CAMRA’s Facebook following put together of the top Alberta beers to try in the new year.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 01, 2017
Recently, CAMRA Alberta shared a post onto their Facebook page asking their followers what local beers they will be drinking over the holiday season and into the new year. We thought that we would share the responses.
Top 15 Alberta Beers For The New Year:
1. Jamie Gordon’s Flat Cap Stout – Tool Shed Brewing (Calgary)
2. Oblation Barrel Aged Barley Wine – Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
3. The Apocalypse Dudes – The Dandy Brewing Co. (Calgary)
4. Resolutions 2017 – Bent Stick Brewing (Edmonton)
5. Javalanche – Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
6. Make That A Double – Outcast Brewing (Calgary)
7. 2015 Vintage Barleywine – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
8. Blue Monk Barley Wine – Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
9. Andy’s Wee Heavy Scottish Ale – Common Crown Brewing (Calgary)
10. Rutting Elk Red – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
11. Monk – Village Brewery (Calgary)
12. Cherry Porter – Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
13. Old Man Winter Porter – Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
14. Ryes Against The Machine – Hell’s Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
15. White Raven – Apex Predator Brewing (Edson)
If you haven’t tried these Alberta brews, you better make a New Year’s resolution and get them on your list!
Here is CAMRA’s the original post, if you’d like to contribute to the list:
Now that you know what Alberta beers to try in the new year, here are some other articles we think you might enjoy:
REVIEW: Whistler Brewing Company’s Rambler Pack – Whistler, British Columbia
Let’s follow The Beer Maven off to Whistler, British Columbia! Continue reading to learn about Whistler Brewing Company’s latest variety beer pack – The Rambler Pack.
Must-See Craft Beer Brasseries (Breweries) in Quebec to Visit on St. Jean Baptiste Day
St. Jean Baptiste Day is a big day for Quebecois. The best way we know how to celebrate? Beer! Here are some of the great breweries, a.k.a. brasseries, in Quebec you should consider checking out on St. Jean Baptiste Day.
Everything You Need To Know About The Victoria Ale Trail
Are you heading to Victoria this summer? Don’t forget to take a “hike” on the Victoria Ale Trail.
VIDEO: Tool Shed’s Red Rage
Will this booze review leave you red-faced in an angry rage? Maybe? Maybe Not? Read on to find out!