15 Alberta Beers to Try in the New Year of 2017
Happy New Year! Check out this list that CAMRA’s Facebook following put together of the top Alberta beers to try in the new year.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 01, 2017
Recently, CAMRA Alberta shared a post onto their Facebook page asking their followers what local beers they will be drinking over the holiday season and into the new year. We thought that we would share the responses.
Top 15 Alberta Beers For The New Year:
1. Jamie Gordon’s Flat Cap Stout – Tool Shed Brewing (Calgary)
2. Oblation Barrel Aged Barley Wine – Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
3. The Apocalypse Dudes – The Dandy Brewing Co. (Calgary)
4. Resolutions 2017 – Bent Stick Brewing (Edmonton)
5. Javalanche – Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
6. Make That A Double – Outcast Brewing (Calgary)
7. 2015 Vintage Barleywine – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
8. Blue Monk Barley Wine – Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
9. Andy’s Wee Heavy Scottish Ale – Common Crown Brewing (Calgary)
10. Rutting Elk Red – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
11. Monk – Village Brewery (Calgary)
12. Cherry Porter – Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
13. Old Man Winter Porter – Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
14. Ryes Against The Machine – Hell’s Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
15. White Raven – Apex Predator Brewing (Edson)
If you haven’t tried these Alberta brews, you better make a New Year’s resolution and get them on your list!
Here is CAMRA’s the original post, if you’d like to contribute to the list:
Now that you know what Alberta beers to try in the new year, here are some other articles we think you might enjoy:
The Sonic Foamer: How Ultrasonic Waves Can Enhance The Taste And Aroma Of Your Beer
Anyone who’s ever poured a beer knows to carefully pour down the side of the glass to minimize the head on our beer. The makers of the Sonic Foamer, a bubble-inducing beer gadget, are on a mission to change that.
The MiniBrew: The Easiest and Smartest Beer Brewing Machine
The MiniBrew is a simple and versatile countertop appliance that eliminates the laborious work and close attention to detail that regular brewing setups require. This is the perfect machine for people who find their time is best spent drinking beer.
The Beer Maven’s Top 5 India Pale Ales (IPAs)
Sondra Baker, a.k.a. The Beer Maven, is a lover of all things beer. Keep reading to find out The Beer Maven’s favourite India Pale Ales of 2016.
10 Beer Films Every Beer Geek Should Watch in 2018
Well, the weather outside is frightful, but inside it’s so delightful because we are catching up on craft beer flicks! Pair these with some craft beer and popcorn.