15 Alberta Beers to Try in the New Year of 2017
Happy New Year! Check out this list that CAMRA’s Facebook following put together of the top Alberta beers to try in the new year.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 01, 2017
Recently, CAMRA Alberta shared a post onto their Facebook page asking their followers what local beers they will be drinking over the holiday season and into the new year. We thought that we would share the responses.
Top 15 Alberta Beers For The New Year:
1. Jamie Gordon’s Flat Cap Stout – Tool Shed Brewing (Calgary)
2. Oblation Barrel Aged Barley Wine – Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
3. The Apocalypse Dudes – The Dandy Brewing Co. (Calgary)
4. Resolutions 2017 – Bent Stick Brewing (Edmonton)
5. Javalanche – Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
6. Make That A Double – Outcast Brewing (Calgary)
7. 2015 Vintage Barleywine – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
8. Blue Monk Barley Wine – Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
9. Andy’s Wee Heavy Scottish Ale – Common Crown Brewing (Calgary)
10. Rutting Elk Red – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
11. Monk – Village Brewery (Calgary)
12. Cherry Porter – Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
13. Old Man Winter Porter – Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
14. Ryes Against The Machine – Hell’s Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
15. White Raven – Apex Predator Brewing (Edson)
If you haven’t tried these Alberta brews, you better make a New Year’s resolution and get them on your list!
Here is CAMRA’s the original post, if you’d like to contribute to the list:
Now that you know what Alberta beers to try in the new year, here are some other articles we think you might enjoy:
Top 8 Beers to Drink on International Gruit Day
International Gruit Day falls on February 1st, 2019. Continue reading to learn more about International Gruit Day, gruit beers, and what beer you can drink to celebrate today!
VIDEO: Beer recommendations JUST for you
We’ve been working hard to bring the world of craft beer to you; check out our latest features and updates with this video.
9 Bucket List Beer Experiences Around the World That Every Beer Lover Needs to Try
Life’s too short to miss out on beer adventures! Check out these beer-themed attractions and activities for beer lovers and travel lovers around the world.
REVIEW: Summer Beers From Breweries Under 49th Parallel Group
Check out these reviews of a variety of breweries under the 49th Parallel Group label part of the Beer Maven’s summer series called “Patio Crushables”.
VIDEO: Must-See Beer Festivals & Must-Try Beers From Across Canada – Pacific Beer Chat Podcast
From the Pacific Beer Chat Podcast: In this video-pod, the PBCP guys are discussing the beer event you need to go to, breweries to check out and a review of beers from across Canada.