15 Alberta Beers to Try in the New Year of 2017
Happy New Year! Check out this list that CAMRA’s Facebook following put together of the top Alberta beers to try in the new year.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 01, 2017
Recently, CAMRA Alberta shared a post onto their Facebook page asking their followers what local beers they will be drinking over the holiday season and into the new year. We thought that we would share the responses.
Top 15 Alberta Beers For The New Year:
1. Jamie Gordon’s Flat Cap Stout – Tool Shed Brewing (Calgary)
2. Oblation Barrel Aged Barley Wine – Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
3. The Apocalypse Dudes – The Dandy Brewing Co. (Calgary)
4. Resolutions 2017 – Bent Stick Brewing (Edmonton)
5. Javalanche – Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
6. Make That A Double – Outcast Brewing (Calgary)
7. 2015 Vintage Barleywine – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
8. Blue Monk Barley Wine – Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
9. Andy’s Wee Heavy Scottish Ale – Common Crown Brewing (Calgary)
10. Rutting Elk Red – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
11. Monk – Village Brewery (Calgary)
12. Cherry Porter – Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
13. Old Man Winter Porter – Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
14. Ryes Against The Machine – Hell’s Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
15. White Raven – Apex Predator Brewing (Edson)
If you haven’t tried these Alberta brews, you better make a New Year’s resolution and get them on your list!
Here is CAMRA’s the original post, if you’d like to contribute to the list:
Now that you know what Alberta beers to try in the new year, here are some other articles we think you might enjoy:
9 Best Beers to Take on the Golf Course This Summer
Very few of us will ever see a golf course while on the PGA Tour, but it’s fun to dream, right? For those of you who are golfing just for the beer, this is a selection of the 9 best beers to bring with you on the fairway!
VIDEO: Must-See Beer Festivals & Must-Try Beers From Across Canada – Pacific Beer Chat Podcast
From the Pacific Beer Chat Podcast: In this video-pod, the PBCP guys are discussing the beer event you need to go to, breweries to check out and a review of beers from across Canada.
REVIEW: Paranormal by Flying Monkey Craft Brewery – Barrie, ON
Hello all you Ghouls and Ghosts, it is time to put on your best scary face and drink some pumpkin beer! Dan Crocker, A.K.A. booze reviews, is the king of beer reviews. Continue reading to find out what he thought of Flying Monkey’s Paranormal Imperial Pumpkin Ale. Is it the perfect beer for Halloween? Or just straight up scary?
VIDEO: Pilsner by Steamworks Brewing Company Beer Review – Burnaby, BC
Dan Crocker, A.K.A. booze reviews, is the king of beer reviews. Watch Dan’s video below to find out if Steamwork’s Pilsner is awesome, or just full of steam.