15 Alberta Beers to Try in the New Year of 2017
Happy New Year! Check out this list that CAMRA’s Facebook following put together of the top Alberta beers to try in the new year.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 01, 2017
Recently, CAMRA Alberta shared a post onto their Facebook page asking their followers what local beers they will be drinking over the holiday season and into the new year. We thought that we would share the responses.
Top 15 Alberta Beers For The New Year:
1. Jamie Gordon’s Flat Cap Stout – Tool Shed Brewing (Calgary)
2. Oblation Barrel Aged Barley Wine – Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
3. The Apocalypse Dudes – The Dandy Brewing Co. (Calgary)
4. Resolutions 2017 – Bent Stick Brewing (Edmonton)
5. Javalanche – Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
6. Make That A Double – Outcast Brewing (Calgary)
7. 2015 Vintage Barleywine – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
8. Blue Monk Barley Wine – Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
9. Andy’s Wee Heavy Scottish Ale – Common Crown Brewing (Calgary)
10. Rutting Elk Red – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
11. Monk – Village Brewery (Calgary)
12. Cherry Porter – Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
13. Old Man Winter Porter – Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
14. Ryes Against The Machine – Hell’s Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
15. White Raven – Apex Predator Brewing (Edson)
If you haven’t tried these Alberta brews, you better make a New Year’s resolution and get them on your list!
Here is CAMRA’s the original post, if you’d like to contribute to the list:
Now that you know what Alberta beers to try in the new year, here are some other articles we think you might enjoy:
Top 10 Patriotic Beers to Drink on American Beer Day
Happy American Beer Day! Celebrate by giving a toast to all of the American brewers that bring us our favourite American beers.
VIDEO: British Columbia Beer Haul Unboxing
Dan Crocker is always on the hunt for new beers to try and review. Recently, Dan took a trip to beautiful British Columbia. Check out this video to see what he brought back with him.
10 Limited Edition Stouts Every Beer Lover Needs to Try
It’s been a big month for Stouts! Many of these new beer releases are limited edition or seasonal, so we recommend you get your hands on a brew as soon as possible!
Top 10 Seasonal Canadian Beers to Drink This Fall
From Canada’s East Coast to West Coast, we’ve compiled these 10 Great Canadian Fall beers to help you celebrate Autumn and warm up to Winter. No, it’s not just about pumpkins… although we did include a few Pumpkin ales to try!