15 Alberta Beers to Try in the New Year of 2017
Happy New Year! Check out this list that CAMRA’s Facebook following put together of the top Alberta beers to try in the new year.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 01, 2017
Recently, CAMRA Alberta shared a post onto their Facebook page asking their followers what local beers they will be drinking over the holiday season and into the new year. We thought that we would share the responses.
Top 15 Alberta Beers For The New Year:
1. Jamie Gordon’s Flat Cap Stout – Tool Shed Brewing (Calgary)
2. Oblation Barrel Aged Barley Wine – Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
3. The Apocalypse Dudes – The Dandy Brewing Co. (Calgary)
4. Resolutions 2017 – Bent Stick Brewing (Edmonton)
5. Javalanche – Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
6. Make That A Double – Outcast Brewing (Calgary)
7. 2015 Vintage Barleywine – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
8. Blue Monk Barley Wine – Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
9. Andy’s Wee Heavy Scottish Ale – Common Crown Brewing (Calgary)
10. Rutting Elk Red – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
11. Monk – Village Brewery (Calgary)
12. Cherry Porter – Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
13. Old Man Winter Porter – Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
14. Ryes Against The Machine – Hell’s Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
15. White Raven – Apex Predator Brewing (Edson)
If you haven’t tried these Alberta brews, you better make a New Year’s resolution and get them on your list!
Here is CAMRA’s the original post, if you’d like to contribute to the list:
Now that you know what Alberta beers to try in the new year, here are some other articles we think you might enjoy:
VIDEO: 2016 Unity Brew – Alberta Collaboration Beer Review
Dan Crocker, A.K.A. booze reviews, is the king of beer reviews. In this video beer review, Dan is trying the 2016 Unity Brew: An Alberta Collaboration Beer. #AlbertaBeer #DrinkLocal
6 Beers To Drink On St. Patty’s Day That Aren’t Guinness
While Guinness is delicious, there are a lot of other beers you can drink on St. Patrick’s Day. Here are some of our favourites.
15 Refreshing Beers to Drink on Saison Day
With spring and summer just around the corner, Saisons are the perfect beer to bring in the warm weather. Celebrate National Saison Day by drinking your favourite Saison or Farmhouse Ale with your closest friends. Undecided on a Saison beer? Here’s a list of our 15 favourite Canadian Saisons!
Get To Know The Winter Wit By Granville Island Brewing
Granville Island Brewing has got just the beer to add a little spice to your après ski season. The new Small Batch Winter Wit just launched in BC, Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan and it’s a winter delight.
REVIEW: Paranormal by Flying Monkey Craft Brewery – Barrie, ON
Hello all you Ghouls and Ghosts, it is time to put on your best scary face and drink some pumpkin beer! Dan Crocker, A.K.A. booze reviews, is the king of beer reviews. Continue reading to find out what he thought of Flying Monkey’s Paranormal Imperial Pumpkin Ale. Is it the perfect beer for Halloween? Or just straight up scary?