15 Alberta Beers to Try in the New Year of 2017
Happy New Year! Check out this list that CAMRA’s Facebook following put together of the top Alberta beers to try in the new year.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 01, 2017
Recently, CAMRA Alberta shared a post onto their Facebook page asking their followers what local beers they will be drinking over the holiday season and into the new year. We thought that we would share the responses.
Top 15 Alberta Beers For The New Year:
1. Jamie Gordon’s Flat Cap Stout – Tool Shed Brewing (Calgary)
2. Oblation Barrel Aged Barley Wine – Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
3. The Apocalypse Dudes – The Dandy Brewing Co. (Calgary)
4. Resolutions 2017 – Bent Stick Brewing (Edmonton)
5. Javalanche – Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
6. Make That A Double – Outcast Brewing (Calgary)
7. 2015 Vintage Barleywine – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
8. Blue Monk Barley Wine – Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
9. Andy’s Wee Heavy Scottish Ale – Common Crown Brewing (Calgary)
10. Rutting Elk Red – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
11. Monk – Village Brewery (Calgary)
12. Cherry Porter – Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
13. Old Man Winter Porter – Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
14. Ryes Against The Machine – Hell’s Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
15. White Raven – Apex Predator Brewing (Edson)
If you haven’t tried these Alberta brews, you better make a New Year’s resolution and get them on your list!
Here is CAMRA’s the original post, if you’d like to contribute to the list:
Now that you know what Alberta beers to try in the new year, here are some other articles we think you might enjoy:
REVIEW: National Beer Hall – Calgary, AB
It’s no surprise that National Beer Hall was voted one of the best pubs in Calgary, AB. Each National location comes with it’s own vibe, but the 4 beer halls have the same common denominator; good food and great beer. Check out each location around Calgary and see which one is your favourite.
9 Cannabis-Infused Beers to Drink on 4/20
Calling all stoners, occasional weed smokers, or any beer-lover looking for a smoke-free high: Cannabis THC-infused beer is now a thing and these weed beers are the perfect drink to sip on to celebrate a pot-head’s favourite day; 4/20.
9 Beers to Drink to Celebrate Valentine’s Day
When people think Valentine’s Day and love and romance, they often think wine or champagne– but not this time, beer can be romantic too. Check out these 9 beers that’ll really bring the romance this Valentine’s Day.
Top 10 New Craft Beers You Need to Try Before the 2019 NHL Draft
With the NHL Draft just around the corner, JustBeer has done the dirty work for the worst NHL teams (let’s face it, they need the help) and selected the Top 10 Craft Beer draft picks for 2019.