15 Alberta Beers to Try in the New Year of 2017
Happy New Year! Check out this list that CAMRA’s Facebook following put together of the top Alberta beers to try in the new year.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 01, 2017
Recently, CAMRA Alberta shared a post onto their Facebook page asking their followers what local beers they will be drinking over the holiday season and into the new year. We thought that we would share the responses.
Top 15 Alberta Beers For The New Year:
1. Jamie Gordon’s Flat Cap Stout – Tool Shed Brewing (Calgary)
2. Oblation Barrel Aged Barley Wine – Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
3. The Apocalypse Dudes – The Dandy Brewing Co. (Calgary)
4. Resolutions 2017 – Bent Stick Brewing (Edmonton)
5. Javalanche – Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
6. Make That A Double – Outcast Brewing (Calgary)
7. 2015 Vintage Barleywine – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
8. Blue Monk Barley Wine – Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
9. Andy’s Wee Heavy Scottish Ale – Common Crown Brewing (Calgary)
10. Rutting Elk Red – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
11. Monk – Village Brewery (Calgary)
12. Cherry Porter – Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
13. Old Man Winter Porter – Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
14. Ryes Against The Machine – Hell’s Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
15. White Raven – Apex Predator Brewing (Edson)
If you haven’t tried these Alberta brews, you better make a New Year’s resolution and get them on your list!
Here is CAMRA’s the original post, if you’d like to contribute to the list:
Now that you know what Alberta beers to try in the new year, here are some other articles we think you might enjoy:
9 Beers To Drink To Celebrate Valentine’s Day
When people think Valentine’s Day and love and romance, they often think wine or champagne– but not this time, beer can be romantic too. Check out these 9 beers that’ll really bring the romance this Valentine’s Day.
Get To Know The Winter Wit By Granville Island Brewing
Granville Island Brewing has got just the beer to add a little spice to your après ski season. The new Small Batch Winter Wit just launched in BC, Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan and it’s a winter delight.
Top 10 Seasonal Canadian Beers to Drink This Fall
From Canada’s East Coast to West Coast, we’ve compiled these 10 Great Canadian Fall beers to help you celebrate Autumn and warm up to Winter. No, it’s not just about pumpkins… although we did include a few Pumpkin ales to try!
The Beer Maven’s Top 5 India Pale Ales (IPAs)
Sondra Baker, a.k.a. The Beer Maven, is a lover of all things beer. Keep reading to find out The Beer Maven’s favourite India Pale Ales of 2016.