15 Alberta Beers to Try in the New Year of 2017
Happy New Year! Check out this list that CAMRA’s Facebook following put together of the top Alberta beers to try in the new year.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 01, 2017
Recently, CAMRA Alberta shared a post onto their Facebook page asking their followers what local beers they will be drinking over the holiday season and into the new year. We thought that we would share the responses.
Top 15 Alberta Beers For The New Year:
1. Jamie Gordon’s Flat Cap Stout – Tool Shed Brewing (Calgary)
2. Oblation Barrel Aged Barley Wine – Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
3. The Apocalypse Dudes – The Dandy Brewing Co. (Calgary)
4. Resolutions 2017 – Bent Stick Brewing (Edmonton)
5. Javalanche – Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
6. Make That A Double – Outcast Brewing (Calgary)
7. 2015 Vintage Barleywine – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
8. Blue Monk Barley Wine – Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
9. Andy’s Wee Heavy Scottish Ale – Common Crown Brewing (Calgary)
10. Rutting Elk Red – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
11. Monk – Village Brewery (Calgary)
12. Cherry Porter – Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
13. Old Man Winter Porter – Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
14. Ryes Against The Machine – Hell’s Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
15. White Raven – Apex Predator Brewing (Edson)
If you haven’t tried these Alberta brews, you better make a New Year’s resolution and get them on your list!
Here is CAMRA’s the original post, if you’d like to contribute to the list:
Now that you know what Alberta beers to try in the new year, here are some other articles we think you might enjoy:
5 Father’s Day Gifts for the Dad Who Loves Beer
Father’s Day is coming soon. Let that special Dad in your life know how awesome he is. He’s no ordinary man so he deserves something extraordinary. Here are a few ideas for your beer-loving dad to show how much you appreciate him and all the hard work de does.
Beer review – Fuggles & Warlock Craftworks, The Last Strawberry, Strawberry Wit
Take a stroll with The Beer Maven as she walks through the Strawberry Fields of Fuggles & Warlock Craftworks.
What is a Cicerone? A Beer Sommelier Explained
What is a Cicerone? Learn more about what it is, how to become one and how are they expanding the world of Beer.
The Canadian Territories Craft Breweries List: A Guide and Directory to Canadian Beers
This is your resource for the Canadian Territories listed by location! If you’re heading out for a beer in The Yukon, The Northwest Territories or Nunavut, Canada these are the craft beer breweries you should check out.