15 Alberta Beers to Try in the New Year of 2017
Happy New Year! Check out this list that CAMRA’s Facebook following put together of the top Alberta beers to try in the new year.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 01, 2017
Recently, CAMRA Alberta shared a post onto their Facebook page asking their followers what local beers they will be drinking over the holiday season and into the new year. We thought that we would share the responses.
Top 15 Alberta Beers For The New Year:
1. Jamie Gordon’s Flat Cap Stout – Tool Shed Brewing (Calgary)
2. Oblation Barrel Aged Barley Wine – Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
3. The Apocalypse Dudes – The Dandy Brewing Co. (Calgary)
4. Resolutions 2017 – Bent Stick Brewing (Edmonton)
5. Javalanche – Banded Peak Brewing (Calgary)
6. Make That A Double – Outcast Brewing (Calgary)
7. 2015 Vintage Barleywine – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
8. Blue Monk Barley Wine – Brewsters Brewing Company (Calgary)
9. Andy’s Wee Heavy Scottish Ale – Common Crown Brewing (Calgary)
10. Rutting Elk Red – The Grizzly Paw Brewing Company (Canmore)
11. Monk – Village Brewery (Calgary)
12. Cherry Porter – Wild Rose Brewery (Calgary)
13. Old Man Winter Porter – Ribstone Creek Brewery (Edgerton)
14. Ryes Against The Machine – Hell’s Basement Brewery (Medicine Hat)
15. White Raven – Apex Predator Brewing (Edson)
If you haven’t tried these Alberta brews, you better make a New Year’s resolution and get them on your list!
Here is CAMRA’s the original post, if you’d like to contribute to the list:
Now that you know what Alberta beers to try in the new year, here are some other articles we think you might enjoy:
10 Great Canadian Beers for Light Beer Drinkers
Whether you live in Canada or are planning a Canadian vacation, these beers are not to be missed. Plan your “beercation” around some great Canadian Beer Festivals or brewery tours and make sure to drink local with these delicious lighter style beers. If you’re just getting into craft beers here are some light flavoured craft brews you definitely want to try.
REVIEW: Tusker Kenyan Beer & Ensira Ethiopian Restaurant – Calgary, AB
Join Shira on a journey to East Africa, but you don’t need your passport. Ensira Ethiopian Restaurant is located on 17th in the heart of Calgary, AB. Learn more about Ensira’s food and drink menu, as well as a Tusker lager beer review!
7 Beers to Drink While Naked Gardening
In honour of World Naked Gardening Day, we’ve compiled a list of beers to drink while trimming the bush!
Top 10 New Craft Beers You Need to Try Before the 2019 NHL Draft
With the NHL Draft just around the corner, JustBeer has done the dirty work for the worst NHL teams (let’s face it, they need the help) and selected the Top 10 Craft Beer draft picks for 2019.