Bacon Crusted Beer Mac & Cheese Recipe
If you love macaroni & cheese and bacon as much as you love beer then you are going to love this Bacon Crusted Beer Mac & Cheese recipe. Perfect for a potluck, or comfort food for a night in.
By The Beer Community on Jul. 14, 2019
This recipe for Beer Bacon Crusted Macaroni & Cheese is an ooey-gooey, cheesy pasta bathing in a rich beer sauce and topped with cheese and bacon crust. This recipe is perfect for anyone in need of some home-cooked comfort food.
How to Make Mac and Cheese with Beer
Ingredients for Bacon Crusted Beer Macaroni & Cheese
- 12 oz beer
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 16 oz macaroni pasta prepared and drained
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Oven-roasted bacon
Cooking Instructions for Beer & Bacon Mac & Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour to the saucepan. Whisk in flour and cook until the mixture bubbly and golden in colour.
- Add in the milk and beer to the saucepan and whisk to combine everything together.
- Add cheddar and 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese to the saucepan.
- Stir together to combine. Lower heat to medium and continue to stir, cooking for 5-6 minutes while the mixture thickens.
- Sprinkle in the paprika, pepper, garlic powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir together to combine.
- Add prepared and drained macaroni to the sauce. Gently stir together until completely combined.
- Pour macaroni and sauce mixture into a greased 9″ x 13″ baking pan.
- In a small bowl, add Panko bread crumbs and crumbled Oven Roasted Bacon. Stir together to combine.
- Top macaroni and cheese with an even layer of the Panko and bacon mixture. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over top of macaroni and cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for five minutes before serving.
Recipe shared from Melanie Makes.
Looking for more delicious beer dishes? Check out these recipes from Melanie Makes for more ways to cook with beer:
In case that wasn’t enough, here are more tasty recipes using a beer that you can make at home! These DIY beer recipes are great for any occasion at any time of the year:
How to Make Beer Jell-O Shots? Eight Refreshing Beer Jell-O Shooter Recipes
Beer BBQ Sauce Recipe
How to Make Beer Bread? Six Easy and Tasty Beer Bread Recipes
Chocolate Brownie Recipe Using Your Favourite Porter
12 Delicious Beer Ice Cream Recipes to Try This Summer
What says “summer’s here” better than a good ol’ summer beer? Well, beer ice cream, of course! Check out these delicious beer ice cream recipes that are guaranteed to keep you cool for the summer!
A Simple Guide to Grilling Beer Can Chicken
Beer Can Chicken: An easy method for grilling a flavorful and tender chicken that keeps all eyes on the grill, and provides that “wow” factor for any cookout you host.
11 Beer Recipes Every Guinness Lover Needs To Try
You won’t need the luck of the Irish to whip up these delicious delights! With these delicious Guinness recipes, you
6 Delicious Meat Recipes That Use Beer
These delicious meats use beer to make them sumptuous and juicy.
16 Oktoberfest Recipes – Traditional Bavarian or German Style Foods & Dishes
These German dishes may not be made with beer, but they pair perfectly with a nice big mug of it. Try these delicious, traditional Bavarian meals at Oktoberfest or follow the recipes to make them at home.