Bacon Crusted Beer Mac & Cheese Recipe
If you love macaroni & cheese and bacon as much as you love beer then you are going to love this Bacon Crusted Beer Mac & Cheese recipe. Perfect for a potluck, or comfort food for a night in.
By The Beer Community on Jul. 14, 2019
This recipe for Beer Bacon Crusted Macaroni & Cheese is an ooey-gooey, cheesy pasta bathing in a rich beer sauce and topped with cheese and bacon crust. This recipe is perfect for anyone in need of some home-cooked comfort food.
How to Make Mac and Cheese with Beer
Ingredients for Bacon Crusted Beer Macaroni & Cheese
- 12 oz beer
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 16 oz macaroni pasta prepared and drained
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Oven-roasted bacon
Cooking Instructions for Beer & Bacon Mac & Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour to the saucepan. Whisk in flour and cook until the mixture bubbly and golden in colour.
- Add in the milk and beer to the saucepan and whisk to combine everything together.
- Add cheddar and 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese to the saucepan.
- Stir together to combine. Lower heat to medium and continue to stir, cooking for 5-6 minutes while the mixture thickens.
- Sprinkle in the paprika, pepper, garlic powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir together to combine.
- Add prepared and drained macaroni to the sauce. Gently stir together until completely combined.
- Pour macaroni and sauce mixture into a greased 9″ x 13″ baking pan.
- In a small bowl, add Panko bread crumbs and crumbled Oven Roasted Bacon. Stir together to combine.
- Top macaroni and cheese with an even layer of the Panko and bacon mixture. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over top of macaroni and cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for five minutes before serving.
Recipe shared from Melanie Makes.
Looking for more delicious beer dishes? Check out these recipes from Melanie Makes for more ways to cook with beer:
In case that wasn’t enough, here are more tasty recipes using a beer that you can make at home! These DIY beer recipes are great for any occasion at any time of the year:
How to Make Beer Jell-O Shots? Eight Refreshing Beer Jell-O Shooter Recipes
Beer BBQ Sauce Recipe
How to Make Beer Bread? Six Easy and Tasty Beer Bread Recipes
Chocolate Brownie Recipe Using Your Favourite Porter
Easy Beer BBQ Sauce Recipe You Can Make At Home
Barbecue sauces made with beer are easy to make at home. This beer bbq sauce is the perfect recipe to make on for any summer night for any type of meat.
5 Beer Sangria Recipes You Need to Try This Summer
Beer cocktails are a fantastic way to incorporate beer to create tasty new adult beverages. Get ready for summer with these amazing beer sangria recipes!
11 Beer Recipes Every Guinness Lover Needs To Try
You won’t need the luck of the Irish to whip up these delicious delights! With these delicious Guinness recipes, you
How to Host a Mother’s Day Beer Brunch
Hosting is hard work, but then all the benefits, love and praise are yours. It is especially worth it when you see that loving glow on your mom’s face. Ok… part of the love and gratitude is for you and the other part is for the craft beer. We think you’ll agree to share the limelight!