Banff Craft Beer Festival Mountain Adventure
The 2017 Banff Craft Beer Festival is more than just great spirits, great food and great beer – it’s a chance to dive into the past, to seek new discoveries, and most importantly – it gives you the opportunity to choose your mountain adventure!
By The Beer Community on Nov. 07, 2017
(Posted with permission from Alberta Beer Festivals)
The Most Beautiful Beer Festival in the World once again takes place in the most beautiful place in the world – the Cave and Basin historic site in Banff National Park. Ever since 3 railway workers stumbled upon the site in 1883 creating Canada’s first national park, the Cave and Basin has been a place of adventure and discovery.
Even though the event was a huge hit in its first two years, Alberta Beer Festivals has gone all out to make this year truly memorable. “This event has a special place for anyone who has ever attended,” says Erica Jung, Director of New Media for ABF. “Within days of last year’s event ending, we were already getting calls about when this year’s event would go on sale. People plan trips from around the world to make sure they are at this festival.”
Some of this year’s highlights include:
- Lantern Guided Cave Tours – Celebrating Canada’s 150th birthday, the first 150 people to sign up each day will get to take a lantern led cave tour to see where it all began. Cave tours start 15 minutes after the doors open, and run every 10 minutes for an hour each session of the festival.
- Expanded Shuttle Service – We’ve heard people describe the shuttle service that takes them from Banff Ave. Brewing/High Rollers out to the event as the ‘beginning of an adult field trip to somewhere amazing.’ To accommodate demand, we have added a 3rd shuttle during peak times, and we are working with the Town of Banff to make traffic flow more efficiently, so you can enjoy more of your night at the event, and less time getting there.
- Adding a Thursday night to the event – since the event sells out every year, ABF has added a whole other night to accommodate the overwhelming demand.
- Bringing in amazing Alberta musicians to perform – including David Bradford
- Having more amazing Alberta breweries and craft distilleries – the number of Alberta breweries and distilleries has tripled in the last 5 years, and ABF has come up with some pretty interesting ways to fit more of them into the event. You’ll be able to sample from over 40 of Alberta’s craft breweries, eateries and distilleries in 4 distinct areas of this historic landmark.
- More tenting for a greater experience – in order to accommodate more breweries and attendees, ABF has found some creative ways to add more tents, open up the floor plan, and really give people that Rocky Mountain experience!
We’ll also be keeping all the things that made this such a great event in the first place. Throughout the night people can sample amazing food from some of Banff’s best pubs and restaurants, and of course try an offering of beers from Alberta’s own breweries and distilleries!
The BANFF CRAFT BEER FESTIVAL runs:
Thursday, November 23rd, 2017 (5pm-10pm)
Friday, November 24th, 2017 (5pm-10pm)
Saturday, November 25th, 2017 (12pm-4pm & 5pm-9pm)
Tickets are on sale now and selling fast, get tickets now at: www.myshowpass.com/2017-banff-craft-beer-festival
For more information about our festivals, visit us at www.albertabeerfestivals.com. And to keep up with everything in the ABF community, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram at @ABBeerfestivals
Thanks and we’ll see you at the event!
Enjoy By 02.14.17
Looking for that perfect beer to have with your boo tomorrow? Stone Brewing has got what you need.
International Gruit Day
Interested in learning more about Gruit ales? Now’s your chance. Be part of International Gruit Day and learn more about that ancient brewing method.
Home brewed beer in as little as 7 days: Introducing the VESSI
Check out this nifty INDIEGOGO home-brewing beer project that’s already fully funded; the Vessi ferments, cools, and pours your beer — kind of like a Keurig, but for beer! And it allows you to bottle or keg your beer too!
AB InBev Wants to Bring Beer to Mars
When NASA gets to Mars in the year 2030, will there be some refreshing brews waiting for them?