Beer and Popcorn Fudge
The perfect holiday treat to snack on, bring to a party, or to give as a gift!
By Mairyn Chorney on Dec. 12, 2016
- 1 1/3 cup stout beer
- 1 bag freshly popped popcorn
- 5 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cup half & half
- 8 tbsp butter
- Butter the sides of a very large pot. Pour in sugars, half & half and beer.
- Place pot on medium heat and stir frequently until dissolved. Using a candy thermometer set to 236 degrees. Increase the heat to medium high until it begins to boil, stirring frequently then lower to medium low.
- Stir mixture often to boil down while slowly reaching 236 degrees. The amount of liquid should evaporate substantially.
- Once at 236 degrees, remove from heat and place butter in liquid. DO NOT STIR. Allow butter to melt and sit in liquid. Leave candy thermometer in mixture to gage when fudge has reached 110 degrees.
- Scoop into a mixing bowl and immediately turn onto high speed. Important: do not mix or stir the liquid when adding the butter and waiting for it to drop to 110 degrees.
- In the mixing bowl, whip on high until fudge begins to lose its sheen. Then quickly scoop into a parchment paper-lined 8×8 dish. Pat fudge down with a spatula then press seasoned popcorn on top. Lastly, feel free to shake on a little salt or seasoning on fudge and popcorn for an added dash of flavour.
Shared from 1 Fine Cookie.
One of the “mother” sauces of Italy and France, Béchamel is the base of several classic sauces. This Beerchamel will add complex flavours and amp up your favourite foods!
Spicy Beer Shrimp
A quick dish of Spicy Beer Shrimp served over rice gets dinner on the table in almost no time.
Beer Braised Brussels Sprouts
These tasty Brussels sprouts will quickly become a favorite go-to. The caramelization of the pale ale creates a perfect glaze for these healthy veggies.
Beer, Bacon & Onion Jam
Imagine a spreadable, picnic-ready jam made with loads of bacon, beer, brown sugar, caramelized onions and a few other simple ingredients. With this recipe, you may never look at a cheese plate or any meal in need of condiments the same way again.