Easy Beer BBQ Sauce Recipe You Can Make At Home
Barbecue sauces made with beer are easy to make at home. This beer bbq sauce is the perfect recipe to make on for any summer night for any type of meat.
By The Beer Community on Dec. 13, 2016
Sweet, savory, tangy and ever-so-easy, this beer bbq sauce goes with everything grillable and is open to experimentation: Pour in a porter when you’re cooking beef, an amber ale for chicken, and something fruity when you’re working with pork.
If you’re unsure on how to pair your beer with your barbecue’d meal, have no fear! Click here for the ultimate guide on which beer styles pair best with each meat and bbq flavours.
Ingredients for Homemade Beer Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup beer
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tbsp honey Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1⁄3 tsp hot sauce, or to taste
Cooking Instructions for BBQ Sauce made with Beer
- In a saucepot over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, chopped onion and garlic. Cook these ingredients until the onions begin to soften. This should take about 4 minutes.
- Next, add the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, honey Dijon, molasses, brown sugar, salt, pepper and hot sauce to your pot. Bring everything to a boil, then simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Your last step is to remove the sauce from heat and add in your beer of choice. Looking for a smoother and less chunky barbecue sauce? Try straining out the onions or pulse your homemade sauce in a blender.
Recipe shared from DraftMag.
Looking for more tasty recipes using beer that you can make at home? These DIY beer recipes are great for any occasion at any time of the year:
How to Make Beer Jell-O Shots? Eight Refreshing Beer Jell-O Shooter Recipes
Irish Nachos with Ooey Gooey Guinness Queso Recipe
How to Make Beer Bread? Six Easy and Tasty Beer Bread Recipes
Chocolate Brownie Recipe Using Your Favourite Porter
Crisp Cucumber Basil IPA Beer Cooler Recipe
5 Beer Barbecue Sauce Recipes for Your Craft Beer & BBQ Pairings
The rich flavours of BBQ need something to cut through them, and nothing works better than a fizzy, hoppy, malty brew. Here are the best craft beer and barbecue meat pairings to amp up your summer bbq party. Plus, 5 delicious beer barbeque sauce recipes you can make at home.
6 Tasty Vegetarian Recipes Made With Beer — Plus Beer Pairings for Each Dish!
Beer tends to be associated with meat, so it is hard to find really good vegetarian meals using beer, but we found a bunch and put them together right here for you. Enjoy!
The Best Beer Turkey Recipes for Large Dinners
Turkey’s great for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and for large dinners; if you love beer and are looking for a Turkey recipe, we have a list of our favourites – from beer-can turkey, smoked, basted, roasted and more…
A Simple Guide to Grilling Beer Can Chicken
Beer Can Chicken: An easy method for grilling a flavorful and tender chicken that keeps all eyes on the grill, and provides that “wow” factor for any cookout you host.