Easy Beer BBQ Sauce Recipe You Can Make At Home
Barbecue sauces made with beer are easy to make at home. This beer bbq sauce is the perfect recipe to make on for any summer night for any type of meat.
By The Beer Community on Dec. 13, 2016
Sweet, savory, tangy and ever-so-easy, this beer bbq sauce goes with everything grillable and is open to experimentation: Pour in a porter when you’re cooking beef, an amber ale for chicken, and something fruity when you’re working with pork.
If you’re unsure on how to pair your beer with your barbecue’d meal, have no fear! Click here for the ultimate guide on which beer styles pair best with each meat and bbq flavours.
Ingredients for Homemade Beer Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup beer
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tbsp honey Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1⁄3 tsp hot sauce, or to taste
Cooking Instructions for BBQ Sauce made with Beer
- In a saucepot over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, chopped onion and garlic. Cook these ingredients until the onions begin to soften. This should take about 4 minutes.
- Next, add the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, honey Dijon, molasses, brown sugar, salt, pepper and hot sauce to your pot. Bring everything to a boil, then simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Your last step is to remove the sauce from heat and add in your beer of choice. Looking for a smoother and less chunky barbecue sauce? Try straining out the onions or pulse your homemade sauce in a blender.
Recipe shared from DraftMag.
Looking for more tasty recipes using beer that you can make at home? These DIY beer recipes are great for any occasion at any time of the year:
How to Make Beer Jell-O Shots? Eight Refreshing Beer Jell-O Shooter Recipes
Irish Nachos with Ooey Gooey Guinness Queso Recipe
How to Make Beer Bread? Six Easy and Tasty Beer Bread Recipes
Chocolate Brownie Recipe Using Your Favourite Porter
Crisp Cucumber Basil IPA Beer Cooler Recipe
6 Easy Beer Bread Recipes
These recipes are doughy and delicious and best of all they have your favourite ingredient; BEER! Try them when you have company or when you are on your own we know they will quickly become a household favourite.
10 Beer Dessert Recipes You Need To Try
These decadent desserts are a perfect way to soothe your sweet tooth and finish off that left over beer in the fridge.
11 Beer Recipes Every Guinness Lover Needs To Try
You won’t need the luck of the Irish to whip up these delicious delights! With these delicious Guinness recipes, you
12 Delicious Beer Ice Cream Recipes to Try This Summer
What says “summer’s here” better than a good ol’ summer beer? Well, beer ice cream, of course! Check out these delicious beer ice cream recipes that are guaranteed to keep you cool for the summer!