Beer Braised Brussels Sprouts
These tasty Brussels sprouts will quickly become a favorite go-to. The caramelization of the pale ale creates a perfect glaze for these healthy veggies.
By Mairyn Chorney on Feb. 02, 2017
- 12 oz. bottle of pale ale
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 6 oz. thick cut bacon (chopped)
- 1 shallot (peeled and sliced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- crushed red pepper
- Trim the ends of each Brussels sprouts, removing excess leaves. Cut the sprouts in half.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped bacon and sauté until crisp
- Add the sliced shallot. Sauté another 2-3 minutes to soften. Then add the Brussels sprouts. Stir and sear the sides of the sprouts for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the bottle of pale ale into the skillet. Add the salt an both peppers. Bring to a simmer and lower the heat a little. Stir and simmer until the beer has reduced to a glaze and the sprouts are cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
Shared from A Spicy Perspective.
Corn and Black Bean Enchiladas
Instead of ‘Taco Tuesday’, try these delicious enchiladas tonight!
Chuck Wagon Beer Brisket
This beer brisket will have you running lock, stock & barrel to the Chuck Wagon.
Beer and Popcorn Fudge
The perfect holiday treat to snack on, bring to a party, or to give as a gift!
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with 24 beer-infused recipes
Happy St. Patrick’s Day: Because even if you don’t consider this a real holiday, it’s still a great excuse to break out your green clothes and drink a pint or two.