The traditional pairing is cookies and milk nothing calls for milk more than a decadent, moist brownie. We think you’ll agree. Perhaps go wild and pair with a Milk Stout! Best of both worlds!
By Just Beer Community Collection on May. 19, 2017
Beer Brownies Highlights
- These beer brownies are perfectly complimented by a nice glass of milk
- You can use stout or any dark beer and they’ll still taste fab
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Valrhona)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 1/2 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 8 tablespoons of butter, browned
- 1/2 cup stout (or any dark beer) or cold coffee
- 4 eggs, at room temp
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Sift together the flour and cocoa powder.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water.
- In a small pan over medium heat, melt the butter until it just turns golden brown. Pour the brown butter into the bowl of chocolate, scraping the pan to get the brown bits (this prevents it from overcooking), then add the beer.
- Beat together the eggs and sugar until thick and shiny (2 minutes). Continue beating on low while adding flour mixture and wet ingredients alternatively. Finish with the vanilla. Do not over mix. Fold in the chips. Pour into a buttered and floured 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Hefeweizen Mozzarella Bombs
While you can’t taste the beer in this recipe it is responsible for keeping the dough light and fluffy. Thank goodness for unsung heroes!
This beer cocktail is simple and delicious. For an even simpler version—the Chelada—salt the rim of an ice-filled pint glass, add light lager and fresh lime juice, and enjoy.
Ginger Beer & Tangerine Glazed Ham
Using ginger beer in this recipe will really spice up your usual Easter ham.
Pineapple Shrub Beertail
This is a fabulously refreshing drink for those summer patio and beach parties.
Super Easy Guinness Pancakes
Ingredients Pancake Mix (and associated ingredients) Guinness Beer Chocolate Chips Directions Substitute 1 cup of Guinness for one cup of milk when following the package directions. Add a bit more pancake mix (about 1/4 cup) to achieve the proper batter consistency; but the eggs and the oil amounts stayed the same. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips