Beer Jalapeño Poppers
These jalapeño poppers are as delicious as they are spicy!
By Mairyn Chorney on Jan. 23, 2017
- 12 oz beer
- 6 large jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup barbecued shredded pork
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 tsp paprika
- oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut off stem end of jalapeños. Remove seeds and membrane.
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add jalapeños; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat completely dry.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°.
- In a small bowl, mix pork, cheese and barbecue sauce; spoon into jalapeños. In another bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch, salt and paprika; stir in beer just until moistened.
- Using tongs, dip stuffed jalapeños into batter; fry in batches 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Switch it up by stuffing the peppers with chicken or beef!
Shared from Taste of Home.
Beer, Bacon & Onion Jam
Imagine a spreadable, picnic-ready jam made with loads of bacon, beer, brown sugar, caramelized onions and a few other simple ingredients. With this recipe, you may never look at a cheese plate or any meal in need of condiments the same way again.
Super Easy Guinness Pancakes
Ingredients Pancake Mix (and associated ingredients) Guinness Beer Chocolate Chips Directions Substitute 1 cup of Guinness for one cup of milk when following the package directions. Add a bit more pancake mix (about 1/4 cup) to achieve the proper batter consistency; but the eggs and the oil amounts stayed the same. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips
Guinness-Battered Fish and Chips
The Irish love nothing more than heading to the “chipper” for fish and chips, whether it’s the famous Dublin shop Leo Burdocks or your local chipper there’s nothing like chomping down on a fish and chips