Beer Jello Shots
Easy to make and fun to eat!
By Mairyn Chorney on Dec. 06, 2016
- 2 cups lager beer
- 2 packets unflavoured gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp tequila
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 16 small lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- Pour 1/2 cup of the beer in a medium bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the beer and let it dissolve, about 1 minute.
- Combine the granulated sugar and remaining 1 1/2 cups beer in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until the sugar dissolves and the liquid is steaming but not boiling. Pour over the dissolved gelatin and stir to melt the gelatin completely.
- Strain the mixture into a spouted measuring cup and pour into 16 shot glasses. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, whip the cream and powdered sugar with an electric mixer in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in the tequila and lime zest. Dollop the tequila-lime whipped cream on top of the beer shots to resemble the foam head on a beer.
- Garnish the sides of the glasses with lime wedges.
Shared from The Food Network.
Beer Apple Pie with Cheddar Beer Crust
This beer apple pie is a new spin on an old favourite!
9 Beer Float Ideas
If you need a new favorite summer treat, we have one that you will not be able to resist. Beer and ice cream are two things one craves on a hot summer day. So why not put them together? But before you go out and grab just any beer and any ice cream, learn what pairs well!
The Ultimate Beer Burger
Simply-made or indulgently complicated, a good burger can come in a slew of mouth-watering iterations. But one thing’s for sure: It’s best served with a cold beer.
Porter Pulled Pork Nachos with Sriracha Beer Cheese
These pulled-pork nachos are spicy, rich and unbelievably tasty. Do yourself a favor and make the pulled pork the day before; allowing the meat to rest in braising liquid overnight helps infuse it with the broth and makes for quick prep time the next day.