Beer Macaroni and Cheese
This cheesy, creamy mac and cheese recipe will be a family favourite!
By Just Beer Community Collection on Jan. 19, 2017
- 3/4 cup amber ale
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 2 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded fontina cheese
- 2 tbsp chives (minced
- 5 bacon strips (cooked and crumbled)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in the milk, beer and cream.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Stir in 2 cups cheddar cheese, fontina cheese and 1 tbsp parmesan cheese until melted. Add chives.
- Drain macaroni; stir into sauce. Transfer to a greased 3qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Back, uncovered at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden-brown and heated through. Top with crumbled bacon and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Best paired with good company and more beer.
Shared from Taste of Home.
Hop, Skip and Go Naked
Traditionally, Hop, Skip and Go Naked is made with a case of cheap beer, a fifth of bottom shelf vodka, lemon-lime soda, and lemonade frozen concentrate. Here’s a different take on the popular cocktail.
White Bean Turkey Beer Chili
If you have leftover turkey from last night, this is what you should do with it.
Blackened Beer-Brined Chicken Breasts
You can grill something (perhaps accidentally) until it’s so blackened and beyond edible-looking that you think it won’t be fit for anyone but the dog. But when you tentatively slice off a piece, it turns out to be absolutely perfect. This recipe for beer-brined chicken is a case in point.