Beer Soaked Grilled Cheese
Yes, you read that right.
By Mairyn Chorney on Feb. 17, 2017
- 1 cup brown ale
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 loaf sourdough bread (cut into eight 1/2″ slices)
- 1 block mild or sharp cheddar cheese (sliced)
- 2 tbsp butter
- Optional toppings: bacon, sliced ham, prosciutto, avocado
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk eggs, beer, flour, salt and chili powder.
- Dunk one slice of bread into the batter on both sides, giving it a second to fully absorb the batter. Let the excess batter drain back into the bowl.
- Move to another plate and top with cheese and additional toppings if desired.
- Repeat with another slice of bread to complete the sandwich.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Place the sandwich in the middle, and let cook on each side 3-4 minutes, until it reaches a crispy golden brown and a gooey cheese middle.
Shared from CraftBeer.com.
Oktoberfest Peanut Brittle
Peanut Brittle…an autumn staple that tastes great; this recipe does not require a candy thermometer
Chuck Wagon Beer Brisket
This beer brisket will have you running lock, stock & barrel to the Chuck Wagon.