A favorite Italian dessert with a twist.
By Mairyn Chorney on Jan. 09, 2017
- 3/4 cup sweet stout or porter
- 1 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 42 – 48 ladyfinger cookies
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- In a medium bowl, whip 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip (using a hand mixer) cream cheese, remaining heavy cream, sugar, egg and vanilla. Fold in whipped cream and set aside.
- In a shallow pie dish or bowl, stir together beer and coffee. Dip individual ladyfingers very quickly into the dish, careful not to make them too soggy (or they’ll fall apart). Place in the bottom of an 8 by 8-inch baking dish in neat, tight rows until the bottom is filled.
- Carefully spread 1/2-inch layer of cream cheese mixture on top of the soaked ladyfingers. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cocoa powder.
- Repeat with another ladyfinger layer, then top with remaining cream cheese mixture and cocoa powder.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled and set, about 2 hours.
Shared from Tablespoon.
Beer BBQ Sauce
Sweet, savory, tangy and ever-so-easy, this beer bbq sauce goes with everything grillable and is open to experimentation: Pour in a porter when you’re cooking beef, an amber ale for chicken, and something fruity when you’re working with pork.
English Pub Toffee
A tasty snack to munch on while watching your favourite sports team and drinking your favourite beer.
Beer Waffles with Cinnamon-Caramel Apples
These beer waffles are the perfect Christmas morning breakfast perfect for the whole family.