This easy banana bread is great to share with friends and family, but it’s so tasty you won’t want to.
By Mairyn Chorney on Dec. 14, 2016
- 1/4 cup amber / red lager beer
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cashews (chopped)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium overripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Crumbled Topping Ingredients
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350° F with oven rack positioned in the middle.
- Lightly grease a bread pan with butter to ensure the bread doesn’t stick.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a different bowl, whisk the eggs until they are frothy.
- To the eggs, add the mashed bananas, melted butter, and finally, the beer. Mix well so there are no large chunks of banana left behind.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and stir well to combine, but don’t over-mix.
- Fold in the cashews with a spatula. Scrape the mixture into the greased bread pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the crumbled topping. Evenly sprinkle over the top of the bread mixture.
- Bake for approx. 40-45 minutes.
- Once done, allow to cool for approx. 30 minutes before taking it out of the bread pan. When cooled, the bread should slide right out.
Shared from Killing Thyme.
Once you’ve got the grill going just stick your whole meal on there and don’t forget to put some beers aside to drink with it.
Beef, Bean and Beer Chili
This beef, bean and beer chili will be sure to warm you up on these CHILLY winter nights. Best served with your favourite beer and good company.
Spent Grain Thin Mints
These spent grain mint cookies are even better than the Girl Scout cookies. Make them and earn your badge in deliciousness!
Corn and Black Bean Enchiladas
Instead of ‘Taco Tuesday’, try these delicious enchiladas tonight!