Beeropoly Drinking Game – What is it and What are the Rules?
Beeropoly, or Beer Monopoly, is the drinking game replacement for your favourite childhood board game! Perfect for a night in or a pre-game before your night out!
By Alex St Cyr on Aug. 23, 2019
We all grew up playing Monopoly, but sometimes you don’t want to spend 87 hours going back and forth buying properties, paying rent and more. For years, you’ve been trying to figure out how to create a Monopoly drinking game. It’s time to upgrade this board game to the adult version – Beeropoly!
Hold your hops! Before we get into the rules of Beeropoly, we want to disclose that we do not promote binge drinking and advise our readers to always drink responsibly! For more information, click here to learn how to be a responsible drinker.
How to Play the Beeropoly Drinking Game
What You’ll Need to Play Beeropoly:
- Beeropoly Board Game (Buy Beeropoly here)
- Your favourite beer (minimum 6 pack)
- Lazy Susan for ease of play (optional)
- Unwrap your Beeropoly beer-drinking board game from its box. Follow the instructions inside the box for information on how to layout the pieces for gameplay.
- Select a figure to use during gameplay to follow your movements along the board.
- Crack a beer!
- Youngest player goes first.
- Each player takes turns rolling the dice and moving their pieces (bottle caps) across the board in a clockwise direction.
- As you roll your dice, there will be beer drinking challenges that you’ll have to complete along the way. Many are similar to the Sociables Drinking Game!
- If your dice roll gives you too many moves to get to the finish by exact count, you cannot move and must take a drink.
- The game continues until there is one player left – last player left on the board must drink the community cup.
Some of the landing spaces include:
- Categories: Pick a category, and go around the circle naming things from that category. A missed turn or repeated item means that the person takes a drink. Ex. Fast food chains – Wendy’s, McDonald’s, A&W…
- Rhyme time: Pick a word and go around the circle picking rhyming words to the base word. A missed turn or repeated item means that the person takes a drink. Ex. Cat, bat, flat, vat…
- Make a rule: With this space, you get to make a rule that everyone must follow for the remainder of the game. Every time other players break the rule, they have to take a drink. Ex. Make a rule that people have to speak in an accent.
- Questions: Take turns to ask each other questions quickly. If someone hesitates or doesn’t speak in the form of a question, they drink.
- Waterfall: Starting with you taking one drink, go down the circle to the left where everyone is required to increase their amount of drinks by one. If you take one drink, the player on your left takes two drinks, the player on their left takes three drinks and so on.
- Never have I ever: Say something you have never done. Everyone has done it takes a drink! Ex. I have never been to Disneyland – anyone who has been to Disneyland would have to take a drink.
- Dance moves: Pick a dance move and show it the group. The next person in the circle must repeat your dance move and add another. The third person in the circle must repeat the previous two dance moves before adding their own, and so on. The first person to make a mistake takes a drink.
Can you play beeropoly without the game board?
You bet you can! If you don’t have the Beeropoly board game, use a normal Monopoly board and create the Beer Monopoly Drinking Game!
How to play Beer Monopoly
Play Beeropoly without the game board
The rules for Beer Monopoly are simple:
- If you want to buy a property, you owe the table a drink
- Every time you pay rent, take a drink
- If the person has all three properties, take three drinks
- Finish your beer to get out of jail
- Assign two drinks when passing go
- If you land on a hotel, take a shot
have fun & Please drink responsibly!
Did you love Beeropoly? Here are more beer drinking games to check out!
Beer Pong Drinking Game — What is it and what are the rules?
beer·pong: noun 1. a drinking game played at house parties where someone always says “I’m usually way better than this.”
Sevens Drinking Game – What is it and What are the Rules?
Sevens, A.K.A. ‘7s’, is the perfect drinking game to play with a large group of people. Make sure you know your multiplication tables! Here’s how to play Sevens: the Drinking Game.
How to Turn Classic Board Games into Drinking Games
Looking to turn your favourite games into drinking games? Here’s how.
Flip Cup Drinking Game – What is it and what are the rules?
Flip Cup, A.K.A. Flippy Cup, is a fast-paced drinking game to play with a large group of people. Here’s everything you need to know about Flip Cup!