Brown Sugar Beer Cookies
Beer sugar cookies! The perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
By Mairyn Chorney on Feb. 13, 2017
- 1/3 cup brown ale
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare baking sheets by spraying with non-stick cooking spray or covering with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add egg yolk and vanilla and mix until just combined. Add beer and mix again until just combined.
- Add both flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cornstarch and mix until just combined.
- Scoop out cookie dough by the rounded tablespoon and place onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 for 12-14 minutes. Immediately remove cookies from cookie sheet after baking and allow to cool to room temperature.
Shared from Jennifer Meyering.
Spent Grain Burger Buns
The perfect bun is the foundation for an amazing burger. Firm enough to hold everything in one place, but soft enough to give when you bite into it. Beyond the basics, what we love about this burger bun is that it’s made with spent grain, which means the ideal pairing of beer and burgers just became an even better match.
How to Make Alcoholic Ginger Beer from Scratch
There are two types of people in this world: people who like their ginger beer sweet, subtle, and unassuming, and people who like their ginger beer to kick them hard in the back of the throat. (I guess there are also people out there who don’t like ginger beer, but for now I’m going to pretend they don’t exist.)
Beer, Bacon and Cheddar Cornbread
Whether you are celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving or American Thanksgiving this take on classic cornbread will rock your table.