Brown Sugar Beer Cookies
Beer sugar cookies! The perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
By Mairyn Chorney on Feb. 13, 2017
- 1/3 cup brown ale
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare baking sheets by spraying with non-stick cooking spray or covering with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add egg yolk and vanilla and mix until just combined. Add beer and mix again until just combined.
- Add both flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cornstarch and mix until just combined.
- Scoop out cookie dough by the rounded tablespoon and place onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 for 12-14 minutes. Immediately remove cookies from cookie sheet after baking and allow to cool to room temperature.
Shared from Jennifer Meyering.
Chocolate Guinness Cake
The cream cheese frosting reminds us of the foamy head on a perfectly poured pint.
Beer and Popcorn Fudge
The perfect holiday treat to snack on, bring to a party, or to give as a gift!