Chocolate Guinness Mousse Cups
Chocolate Guinness Mousse Cups For Two are a fun yet decadent dessert for adults. If there’s one thing that makes stout beer even better, it’s chocolate.
By Just Beer Community Collection on May. 15, 2017
Chocolate Guinness Mousse Cup Highlights
- This turns a childhood favourite into an adult favourite
- The Guinness Stout makes this recipe so rich and luscious
- There’s chocolate (need we say more)
- 1/4 cup stout beer, such as Guinness
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- Grated chocolate, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat the beer and 1/4 cup cream until bubbles start the form. Remove from the heat and whisk in the chocolate until melted.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon sugar and egg yolks. Whisk in a little bit of the chocolate mixture then pour back into the saucepan. Cool 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form (when you pull the beaters straight up, the peaks will not fall over). Fold the whites into the chocolate. Pour the mixture into two mini pint glasses.* Chill for at least 1 hour or until set.
- In a large bowl, beat the remaining 1/2 cup cream until it thickens. Gradually beat in the remaining 1 teaspoon sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Pipe whipped cream on top of mousse and garnish with grated chocolate.
How to Make Green Beer for St. Patrick’s Day
Whether you’re hosting a St. Paddy’s Day party or simply treating yourself to a pint, these are the tips and tricks you need to know to make the perfect pint of green beer.
Coconut Porter Ice Cream
This ice cream made with coconut milk and your favourite porter is the perfect late night treat!