Chocolate Stout Red Velvet Cupcakes
These red velvet cupcakes are the perfect gift to give your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day.
By Mairyn Chorney on Feb. 03, 2017
- 1/4 Stout, preferably a Chocolate Stout or something sweet
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 lb butter
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly whisk the Chocolate Stout, cocoa powder and vanilla.
- Add the shortening and sugar to a stand mixer and beat well until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beat well between additions.
- Add the beer mixture and salt, beat until well combined.
- Mix in the flour and buttermilk (alternating) while the mixer is at low speed. Do not over beat.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the baking soda and vinegar. Gently fold into the batter.
- Distribute the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling the cups the ¾ of the way.
- Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For the frosting, use a mixer to combine the cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Add the powdered sugar in batches until well combined. Cool cupcakes on a rack before applying frosting.
- Garnish with raspberries.
Shared from CraftBeer.com.
Nutcracker Porter Scones
These delicious scones makes for a great snack at tea time or beer time!
Grilled Hawaiian Burgers with Teriyaki Beer Glaze
Grilling season is coming up and this is a definite fan favorite.
Beat The Heat Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp with Sweet & Tangy Sauce
Ingredients 4 eggs 1 cup of Beat The Heat beer 3 ½ tsp Creole seasoning 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour 2 tbsp baking powder 48 raw shrimp, peeled & de-veined, tails on 2 cups shredded coconut, oil for deep frying. Sauce: 2 cups orange marmalade, ¼ cup dijon mustard, 3 tbsp shredded horseradish. Blend together.
Éphémère Blueberry Popsicles
We loved Unibroue’s way of celebrating the first day of Summer…with Éphémère Blueberry popsicles. We’re feeling cooled off already.