Chocolate Stout Red Velvet Cupcakes
These red velvet cupcakes are the perfect gift to give your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day.
By Mairyn Chorney on Feb. 03, 2017
- 1/4 Stout, preferably a Chocolate Stout or something sweet
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 lb butter
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly whisk the Chocolate Stout, cocoa powder and vanilla.
- Add the shortening and sugar to a stand mixer and beat well until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beat well between additions.
- Add the beer mixture and salt, beat until well combined.
- Mix in the flour and buttermilk (alternating) while the mixer is at low speed. Do not over beat.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the baking soda and vinegar. Gently fold into the batter.
- Distribute the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling the cups the ¾ of the way.
- Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For the frosting, use a mixer to combine the cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Add the powdered sugar in batches until well combined. Cool cupcakes on a rack before applying frosting.
- Garnish with raspberries.
Shared from CraftBeer.com.
Coconut Porter Ice Cream
This ice cream made with coconut milk and your favourite porter is the perfect late night treat!
Chicken Massaman Curry With Wheat Beer and Potatoes
This chicken massaman curry brings bold spices, flavors, and colors…without an unbearable level of heat.
Beer-Steamed Mussels with Chorizo
Yes, you can use any pilsner in this recipe—but a Mexican pilsner will take to the chorizo the best. Buy a six-pack so you have a few on hand to drink while you eat. Serve this full-flavored dish with a nice green salad to round out the meal.
Pan-Fried Spicy Beer Shrimp
The beer in this dish is the perfect compliment to its spicy flavours