Coconut Porter Ice Cream
This ice cream made with coconut milk and your favourite porter is the perfect late night treat!
By Mairyn Chorney on Feb. 06, 2017
- 1 1/4 cup Porter
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 heavy cream
- In a medium-sized, thick-bottomed pot combine coconut milk, heavy cream, and Porter and cook over low heat just until hot.
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale, about three minutes.
- Using a ladle or a small measuring cup, scoop a few small amounts of the hot liquid into your egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Once you’ve scooped in enough liquid for the yolks to become warm (about three scoops), gently whisk the mixture back into your saucepan with the remaining coconut milk, cream, and beer.
- Turn the heat to medium and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon in a thin, creamy layer.
- Transfer through a strainer and into a bowl. Refrigerate until cool. Churn in your ice cream maker to preferred consistency. Freeze until hard and enjoy.
Shared from Brooklyn Brew Shop.
Guinness-Battered Fish and Chips
The Irish love nothing more than heading to the “chipper” for fish and chips, whether it’s the famous Dublin shop Leo Burdocks or your local chipper there’s nothing like chomping down on a fish and chips
Hungarian Sausage Stew
This traditional sausage, tomato and bell pepper stew from Hungary, is made with beer for a deep, rich flavor.
Turkey Fryer Kettle Chips
Warning: This recipe only makes one bowl and that is definitely not enough of these amazing chips! Double, triple or even quadruple the recipe especially if you are making it for guests. Trust us, one bowl is NEVER enough!
If you are not already a homebrewer this brew recipe list will have you itching to start and if you are a homebrewer, what are you waiting for? Get started!