Corn and Black Bean Enchiladas
Instead of ‘Taco Tuesday’, try these delicious enchiladas tonight!
By Mairyn Chorney on Mar. 28, 2017
- 3/4 cup stout
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 chipotle chill (minced)
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 large avocados
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8-10 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 can rinsed and drained black beans
- kernels from one ear of corn
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Add the cornstarch, tomato paste and tomato sauce to a pot, whisk until well combined. Add to medium heat, stir in the chipotles, adobo sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cumin and stout. Allow to simmer until slightly thickened, about five minutes.
- In a small bowl mash together the avocados, salt and pepper.
- Heat the tortillas slightly to make them more pliable.
- One at a time spread tortillas with avocado, fill with black beans and corn, roll tightly.
- Place into an 8X8 pan in a tight row. Pour the sauce evenly over the pan.
- Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
- Top with remaining ingredients, serve warm.
Shared from The Beeroness.
Black Velvet – Beer and Champagne Cocktail
This is a specialty of the Public House at the Venetian, but you don’t need to head to Vegas to enjoy it. Now you can sip it in your own home.
Schnitzel and Pear Salad with Wheat Beer Vinaigrette
Skip the bacon crumbles, dry chicken, and chopped ham, and let schnitzel be the meat that makes your salad a meal. Tucked into a green salad topped with sweet red pears, blue cheese, and a honey-beer dressing, crispy, juicy schnitzel brings some Oktoberfest flair to the dinner table.
Spicy Beer Shrimp
A quick dish of Spicy Beer Shrimp served over rice gets dinner on the table in almost no time.