Corn and Black Bean Enchiladas
Instead of ‘Taco Tuesday’, try these delicious enchiladas tonight!
By Mairyn Chorney on Mar. 28, 2017
- 3/4 cup stout
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 chipotle chill (minced)
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 large avocados
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8-10 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 can rinsed and drained black beans
- kernels from one ear of corn
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Add the cornstarch, tomato paste and tomato sauce to a pot, whisk until well combined. Add to medium heat, stir in the chipotles, adobo sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cumin and stout. Allow to simmer until slightly thickened, about five minutes.
- In a small bowl mash together the avocados, salt and pepper.
- Heat the tortillas slightly to make them more pliable.
- One at a time spread tortillas with avocado, fill with black beans and corn, roll tightly.
- Place into an 8X8 pan in a tight row. Pour the sauce evenly over the pan.
- Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
- Top with remaining ingredients, serve warm.
Shared from The Beeroness.
One of the “mother” sauces of Italy and France, Béchamel is the base of several classic sauces. This Beerchamel will add complex flavours and amp up your favourite foods!
Orange and Ale Vinaigrette
Sean Paxton, founder of homebrewchef.com, cooks multicourse dinners with beer. This vinaigrette, which he makes with an India Pale Ale, shows beer’s lighter side.
Beer Sweet Potatoes
These salty, smoky and tangy sweet potatoes are made with bacon and your favorite brown ale.