Beer Crafts – Easy DIY Bottle Cap Candles
The best part about this project is all the beer you get to drink in order to accumulate a bunch of bottle caps!
By The Beer Community on Dec. 23, 2016
Looking for something to do with your beer bottle caps? Is your bottle cap shadow box getting too full? Well, before you throw away your bottle caps, try out this simple DIY Bottle Cap Candles beer craft to put those caps to use.
These are awesome, miniature candles that make great gifts, home and table decor for events like weddings. (Bottle cap candles actually float, so they make for great wedding reception table pieces!)
Check out this step-by-step on how to make your own beer bottle cap candles.
How To Make Bottle Cap Candles
What You Need To Make Bottle Cap Candles
- A few bottle caps
- Microwaveable candle wax
- 2-inch pre-waxed candle wicks with wick clips
- Optional: Essential oils of your favorite scents
Instructions For Beer Bottle Cap Candles
- Drink a lot of beer and save the bottle caps.
- Evenly space the bottle caps upside-down on a tray or baking sheet. For best results, place the bottle caps in a low heated oven for 3 minutes (cool bottle caps won’t bond as well with the wax).
- Place one wick in the center of each bottle cap.
- Microwave wax until it is completely melted. Add essential oils to your wax to make your candles smell nice.
- Pour the melted wax into the bottle caps. Let cool for 2 hours.
- Before burning, trim wicks to 1/4 inch. Each candle should burn for about 1 – 2 hours.
- Drink more beer and enjoy your new candles!
Last Stop Plymouth Rock! Everybody Out!
The Pilgrims got off at Plymouth Rock because they ran out of beer.
VIDEO: The Canning Revolution
How Cask Brewing Systems of Calgary helped Hilliard Beer Co. of Seattle start a canning revolution.
Why You Need To Be At The Edmonton Craft Beer Festival June 1 & 2, 2018!
Unless you’ve attended the Edmonton Craft Beer Festival before, you might not realize just how fast it has grown or all the different elements there are to enjoy at it. With the #YEGBeerFest happening June 1st and 2nd at the Expo Centre, we thought it was the perfect time to bring you our top 5 reasons to attend the event this year.