DIY Bottle Cap Candles
The best part about this project is all the beer you get to drink in order to accumulate a bunch of bottle caps!
By Mairyn Chorney on Dec. 23, 2016
What You Need
- bottle caps
- microwaveable candle wax
- 2-inch pre-waxed candle wicks with wick clips
- Drink a lot of beer and save the bottle caps.
- Evenly space the bottle caps upside-down on a tray or baking sheet. For best results, place the bottle caps in a low heated oven for 3 minutes (cool bottle caps won’t bond as well with the wax). Place one wick in the center of each bottle cap.
- Microwave wax until it is completely melted. Add essential oils to your wax to make your candles smell nice.
- Pour the melted wax into the bottle caps. Let cool for 2 hours.
- Before burning, trim wicks to 1/4 inch. Each candle should burn for about 1 – 2 hours.
- Drink more beer!
Top 15 Tips for Craft Brewery and Craft Beer Bar Success
SATIRE [APRIL FOOL’S 2017]: Follow these helpful tips from Beer Syndicate and make your dream of opening a craft brewery/bar a modern success!
VIDEO: There’s a Tear in My Beer (Song and Lyrics)
Originally recorded by Hank Williams Jr. and later covered by numerous artists, it’s the beer song of beer songs. Check out the latest duet featuring finalists from ‘the Voice’ season 12
5 Funniest Beer Commercials
These five commercials are hysterical and just a small spoiler alert we are really proud that one of them is from a local Alberta brewery!