DIY Bottle Cap Candles
The best part about this project is all the beer you get to drink in order to accumulate a bunch of bottle caps!
By Mairyn Chorney on Dec. 23, 2016
What You Need
- bottle caps
- microwaveable candle wax
- 2-inch pre-waxed candle wicks with wick clips
- Drink a lot of beer and save the bottle caps.
- Evenly space the bottle caps upside-down on a tray or baking sheet. For best results, place the bottle caps in a low heated oven for 3 minutes (cool bottle caps won’t bond as well with the wax). Place one wick in the center of each bottle cap.
- Microwave wax until it is completely melted. Add essential oils to your wax to make your candles smell nice.
- Pour the melted wax into the bottle caps. Let cool for 2 hours.
- Before burning, trim wicks to 1/4 inch. Each candle should burn for about 1 – 2 hours.
- Drink more beer!
18 dogs of Instagram that are going to make you wish you had a cold brew RIGHT NOW
*Note: We do not endorse or encourage dogs drinking beer…but it definitely looks adorable when they act like people.
4 Beers To Pop On New Year’s Eve
Most people will drink champagne on New Year’s Eve. Why not change it up this year? Here’s 4 beers you should be drinking when 2017 hits.
Beer Culture: The Full Length Movie
This is a great movie about the history, growth and popularity of beer in the US and more specifically Colorado. If you love it as much as we did don’t forget to download the follow up “Crafting a Nation.”
VIDEO: London Beer Flood
This may sound crazy, but it’s true. In 1814, a beer tidal wave killed 8 people in the streets of London. Watch these videos and learn more about it.