Beer Crafts – Easy DIY Bottle Cap Candles
The best part about this project is all the beer you get to drink in order to accumulate a bunch of bottle caps!
By The Beer Community on Dec. 23, 2016
Looking for something to do with your beer bottle caps? Is your bottle cap shadow box getting too full? Well, before you throw away your bottle caps, try out this simple DIY Bottle Cap Candles beer craft to put those caps to use.
These are awesome, miniature candles that make great gifts, home and table decor for events like weddings. (Bottle cap candles actually float, so they make for great wedding reception table pieces!)
Check out this step-by-step on how to make your own beer bottle cap candles.
How To Make Bottle Cap Candles
What You Need To Make Bottle Cap Candles
- A few bottle caps
- Microwaveable candle wax
- 2-inch pre-waxed candle wicks with wick clips
- Optional: Essential oils of your favorite scents
Instructions For Beer Bottle Cap Candles
- Drink a lot of beer and save the bottle caps.
- Evenly space the bottle caps upside-down on a tray or baking sheet. For best results, place the bottle caps in a low heated oven for 3 minutes (cool bottle caps won’t bond as well with the wax).
- Place one wick in the center of each bottle cap.
- Microwave wax until it is completely melted. Add essential oils to your wax to make your candles smell nice.
- Pour the melted wax into the bottle caps. Let cool for 2 hours.
- Before burning, trim wicks to 1/4 inch. Each candle should burn for about 1 – 2 hours.
- Drink more beer and enjoy your new candles!
Christmas Beer Crafts – How To Make A Reinbeer
Not only is this Christmas craft adorable, it’s incredibly easy to assemble!
9 Brew-tastic Father’s Day Gifts for Your Beer Lovin’ Dad
Get your dad a Father’s Day gift that he’ll really enjoy (and actually use) this year. We’ve taken the work out of gift shopping for you, check out these 9 beer gifts that are perfect for Father’s Day!
DIY Beer Can Cake – How To Make An Easy Beer Can Cake
Who wants a boring old cake? This beer can cake is the perfect replacement for anyone who loves beer. (And cake, we guess!)
6 Halloween Pumpkin Carving Ideas for Beer Geeks Seeking Inspiration
It’s okay if you don’t like pumpkin beer, you’re OBVIOUSLY still a fan of Halloween. Here are a few beer-themed carved pumpkin ideas; from brewery logos to beer kegs, these carvings are sure to inspire…