DIY Bottle Cap Candles
The best part about this project is all the beer you get to drink in order to accumulate a bunch of bottle caps!
By Mairyn Chorney on Dec. 23, 2016
What You Need
- bottle caps
- microwaveable candle wax
- 2-inch pre-waxed candle wicks with wick clips
- Drink a lot of beer and save the bottle caps.
- Evenly space the bottle caps upside-down on a tray or baking sheet. For best results, place the bottle caps in a low heated oven for 3 minutes (cool bottle caps won’t bond as well with the wax). Place one wick in the center of each bottle cap.
- Microwave wax until it is completely melted. Add essential oils to your wax to make your candles smell nice.
- Pour the melted wax into the bottle caps. Let cool for 2 hours.
- Before burning, trim wicks to 1/4 inch. Each candle should burn for about 1 – 2 hours.
- Drink more beer!
VIDEO: The Canning Revolution
How Cask Brewing Systems of Calgary helped Hilliard Beer Co. of Seattle start a canning revolution.
VIDEO: The Best Carlton Draught Commercials
Carlton Beer has some hysterical commercials here are some of our favourite.
VIDEO: Top 5 Best Bar Tricks
These are some awesome tricks and if you learn’em well, they could win you some free drinks. Give’em a go!