DIY Bottle Cap Candles
The best part about this project is all the beer you get to drink in order to accumulate a bunch of bottle caps!
By Mairyn Chorney on Dec. 23, 2016
What You Need
- bottle caps
- microwaveable candle wax
- 2-inch pre-waxed candle wicks with wick clips
- Drink a lot of beer and save the bottle caps.
- Evenly space the bottle caps upside-down on a tray or baking sheet. For best results, place the bottle caps in a low heated oven for 3 minutes (cool bottle caps won’t bond as well with the wax). Place one wick in the center of each bottle cap.
- Microwave wax until it is completely melted. Add essential oils to your wax to make your candles smell nice.
- Pour the melted wax into the bottle caps. Let cool for 2 hours.
- Before burning, trim wicks to 1/4 inch. Each candle should burn for about 1 – 2 hours.
- Drink more beer!
The Beerbelly Stealth Drinking System
Usually having a beer belly might not be such a positive thing, but this beer belly will make you the most popular guy or gal in the crowd.
10 Things You Can Do With Beer Besides Drink It
We know you love to drink it, but beer actually can be used in a lot more ways than you’d think.
VIDEO: London Beer Flood
This may sound crazy, but it’s true. In 1814, a beer tidal wave killed 8 people in the streets of London. Watch these videos and learn more about it.