DIY Bottle Cap Candles
The best part about this project is all the beer you get to drink in order to accumulate a bunch of bottle caps!
By Mairyn Chorney on Dec. 23, 2016
What You Need
- bottle caps
- microwaveable candle wax
- 2-inch pre-waxed candle wicks with wick clips
- Drink a lot of beer and save the bottle caps.
- Evenly space the bottle caps upside-down on a tray or baking sheet. For best results, place the bottle caps in a low heated oven for 3 minutes (cool bottle caps won’t bond as well with the wax). Place one wick in the center of each bottle cap.
- Microwave wax until it is completely melted. Add essential oils to your wax to make your candles smell nice.
- Pour the melted wax into the bottle caps. Let cool for 2 hours.
- Before burning, trim wicks to 1/4 inch. Each candle should burn for about 1 – 2 hours.
- Drink more beer!
16 Dogs of Instagram That Will Make You Wish You Had a Cold Beer Right Now
*Note: We do not endorse or encourage dogs drinking beer…but it definitely looks adorable when they act like people.
National Beer Lover’s Day
While we love beer everyday of the year, September 7th is the day beer appreciates us, the beer lovers. Here is what some local Alberta craft beers had to say about us. Happy National Beer Lover’s Day!
10 Beers To Drink On February 14th
Here are 10 beers to sip on that will ensure this is your best Valentine’s Day yet!