Beer Crafts – Easy DIY Bottle Cap Candles
The best part about this project is all the beer you get to drink in order to accumulate a bunch of bottle caps!
By The Beer Community on Dec. 23, 2016
Looking for something to do with your beer bottle caps? Is your bottle cap shadow box getting too full? Well, before you throw away your bottle caps, try out this simple DIY Bottle Cap Candles beer craft to put those caps to use.
These are awesome, miniature candles that make great gifts, home and table decor for events like weddings. (Bottle cap candles actually float, so they make for great wedding reception table pieces!)
Check out this step-by-step on how to make your own beer bottle cap candles.
How To Make Bottle Cap Candles
What You Need To Make Bottle Cap Candles
- A few bottle caps
- Microwaveable candle wax
- 2-inch pre-waxed candle wicks with wick clips
- Optional: Essential oils of your favorite scents
Instructions For Beer Bottle Cap Candles
- Drink a lot of beer and save the bottle caps.
- Evenly space the bottle caps upside-down on a tray or baking sheet. For best results, place the bottle caps in a low heated oven for 3 minutes (cool bottle caps won’t bond as well with the wax).
- Place one wick in the center of each bottle cap.
- Microwave wax until it is completely melted. Add essential oils to your wax to make your candles smell nice.
- Pour the melted wax into the bottle caps. Let cool for 2 hours.
- Before burning, trim wicks to 1/4 inch. Each candle should burn for about 1 – 2 hours.
- Drink more beer and enjoy your new candles!
Pyramid Beer Quiz
Welcome to your adventure/beer pairing guide. Answer a few questions and match your passion with just the right Pyramid brew.
The Perfect Beer For Aries
Aries is a leader, spontaneous, daring and sociable. You can often be impulsive because as an Aries, you’re a fun and free-spirited. What is the perfect beer match for Aries?
VIDEO: Comedian Jim Breuer Tells Us What Really Happens When You Drink Alcohol
Ever wondered what happens inside your body when you start mixing different types of booze on a night out? Jim Breuer explains in this old, but funny, stand-up comedy sketch.
Your Dream Beer Fridge
This fridge should have a sound effect that goes “AHHHHH” (think angelic angel ahhh) as you stand in front of it.