DIY Bottle Cap Candles
The best part about this project is all the beer you get to drink in order to accumulate a bunch of bottle caps!
By Mairyn Chorney on Dec. 23, 2016
What You Need
- bottle caps
- microwaveable candle wax
- 2-inch pre-waxed candle wicks with wick clips
- Drink a lot of beer and save the bottle caps.
- Evenly space the bottle caps upside-down on a tray or baking sheet. For best results, place the bottle caps in a low heated oven for 3 minutes (cool bottle caps won’t bond as well with the wax). Place one wick in the center of each bottle cap.
- Microwave wax until it is completely melted. Add essential oils to your wax to make your candles smell nice.
- Pour the melted wax into the bottle caps. Let cool for 2 hours.
- Before burning, trim wicks to 1/4 inch. Each candle should burn for about 1 – 2 hours.
- Drink more beer!
How to Order a Beer in 17 Different Countries
INFOGRAPHIC: Sometimes you just need to know how to ask for a beer!
That beer name and/or label was never going to be OK, and you knew it.
Tusket Falls Brewing has caused quite a stir
Fizzics – Bringing Draft Beer to Your Home with No Muss or Fuss
Get that delicious fresh draft beer taste at home straight from your beer can, beer bottle, growler or crowler with Fizzics.