Dodge Beer Drinking Game – What is it and what are the rules?
Dodge Beer is the love child of beer pong and dodgeball. This fast-paced, beer chugging game is built for the weekend!
By Alex St Cyr on Jun. 19, 2019
How to Play Dodge Beer
What is Dodge Beer?
Dodge Beer is an active drinking game that combines the fun of beer pong and the excitement of dodgeball into one game. You can play with 4-8 friends, and then all you’ll need is the rules after that!
What You’ll Need to Play:
- 4 to 8 unopened cans of beer, depending on the number of players
- One long table with room on the sides (same kind as beer pong)
- One ping pong ball
How to Set Up a Game of Dodge Beer:
- Depending on how many players you have, set up one can of beer (unopened) in front of each individual on both sides of the table.
- Make sure you have room to move behind you and beside the table.
- Rock, paper, scissors with the other team to determine who shoots first.
Dodge Beer Gameplay:
- Players take turns throwing the ping pong ball at the other team’s beer cans. If you make contact with one of the opposing team’s beer cans, you begin chugging your drink until that player who’s can was hit retrieves the ball and places it on top of their beer.
- Teammates can help each other – one team member can retrieve the ball and throw it to the person who’s can was hit.
- Teams alternate turns throwing the ping pong ball at the opposing team’s cans. (Team A – Player 1, Team B – Player 1, Team A – Player 2… and so on).
- Once you have finished your drink, you are “out of the game” and can no longer participate. Your team must continue on without you, but now there is one less beer can to hit for the other team.
- The winning team is decided by who drinks their beers first.
House Rules for Dodge Beer:
- “Snitch” rule: If the ball knocks a can off of the other end of the table and hits the ground then it must be replaced with a full beer, beers hit this way can be caught before they hit the ground and placed back on the table.
- If a player can manage to catch the ball after it hits his can, but before it hits another surface he can start chugging his beer and running around the table until an opposing player chases him and tags him to make them stop.
The video below is accurate depiction of the lore behind Dodge Beer, and why you should be playing this weekend. It gave us chills.
Want to try another drinking game with beer this weekend? Check these out:
Drunk Jenga Drinking Game – What is it and What are the Rules?
Did you know that you can turn Jenga into an epic drinking game for a small or big group of people. After a few beers, will your hand be steady enough to play or will you cause the Jenga tower to fall over? You’ll have to play Drunk Jenga (a.k.a Tipsy Tower) to find out.
Sociables Drinking Game — What is it and what are the rules?
Sociables, A.K.A. Kings or King’s Cup, is the perfect drinking game to play with a large group of people. Here’s everything you need to know about Sociables – how to play, and a list of Sociables rules!
Flip Cup Drinking Game – What is it and what are the rules?
Flip Cup, A.K.A. Flippy Cup, is a fast-paced drinking game to play with a large group of people. Here’s everything you need to know about Flip Cup!
James Bond Drinking Game – What Is It and What Are the Rules?
James Bond is known for drinking martinis and being a complete badass. Ready to drink like 007? Put on your favourite James Bond movie, crack open your favourite beer and play the James Bond Drinking Game.