English Porter Chicken Tikka Masala
Instead of ordering take out tonight, try making your very own Indian dish with your favourite porter!
By Mairyn Chorney on Feb. 09, 2017
- 1/4 cup English Porter
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chiken
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup full-fat yogurt
- 2 tbsp salt
Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours, up to overnight.
Tikka Masala Ingredients
- 3/4 cup English Porter
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp
- grated ginger
- 2 green chiles, stem and seeds removed (minced)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chile powder
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek
- 1/2 cup full-fat yogurt
- Heat butter (or oil, if using) in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens.
- Add garlic, ginger, and green chiles; cook until onions begin to brown.
- Add cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, chile powder, and tomato paste; cook, stirring often, until fragrant and tomato paste turns brick-red in color.
- Stir in beer. Reduce heat to low; add tomatoes and 1 teaspoon salt. Simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, turn the broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with oil.
- Remove chicken from bowl, shaking off any excess marinade, and arrange on prepared baking sheet. Place on the top rack beneath the broiler and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, rotating once halfway through cook time. When ready, the chicken will be slightly charred around the edges.
- Stir yogurt and fenugreek into the sauce then add the cooked chicken. Continue to simmer until chicken is fully cooked.
Serve with basmati rice, naan bread, and an English Pale Ale.
Shared from Beer Bitty.
Stout French Toast With Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting
This french toast recipe is probably a bit more work than you’re used to, but I promise that it will be worth it!
Longboat Chocolate Porter Cupcakes
What is the next best thing to drinking a Phillips’ Longboat Chocolate Porter? Eating it!
Chocolate Stout Red Velvet Cupcakes
These red velvet cupcakes are the perfect gift to give your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day.