EVENT: Calgary International Beerfest 2018
Calgary International Beerfest is almost here! Keep reading for everything you need to know about ABF’s 2018 edition of the Calgary International Beerfest. It’s Western Canada’s largest beer festival and ranked one of the best beer festivals in the world. Don’t miss this special event!
By Justin Beerber on Apr. 20, 2018
- Western Canada’s largest beer festival
- Considered one of the Top 10 Best Beer Festivals in the world!
- Friday, May 4th 3:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Saturday, May 5th 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- BMO Centre at Stampede Park.
- Enter through Halls C or E
- Alberta Beer Festivals: Established in 2005, Alberta Beer Festivals is a forum for breweries to share their stories, passions and products with beer enthusiasts of Western Canada. We create a positive impact in the beer industry, local charities and within our community.
- Presented by Sobeys Liquor and Safeway Liquor: Sobeys Inc. is a proudly Canadian company with more than 100 years in the food business and now we’ve brought it to liquor stores across Alberta and Saskatchewan. In 2014 Sobeys Liquor acquired Safeway Wine & Spirits. Since then, we’ve grown to 67 locations.
Are you kidding? Why not? But if you must ask the question, here’s some incentives to attend.
- Over 500 beers, ciders and spirits from 40 countries
- 160 Breweries & Distilleries
- 30 of Calgary’s amazing restaurants/pubs
- Brew Master Seminars
- Cooking with Beer Seminars
- Canadian International Beer Awards (CIBA) – certified judges lead groups of celebrity judges in over 20 different categories, making this one of the largest beer judging forums in North America
- The inaugural North American Women’s Beverage Alliance: bringing female industry leaders from across North America to Calgary
- Supporting Local Charities
- The Craft Distillery District for those who like Spirits
- ALL NEW AFTER PARTY at Calgary Stampede’s newly renovated Big 4 Roadhouse with live performances by JJ Shiplett, The Dudes and DJ Burchil
- Online Advance Tickets: from $19.99 to $49.99 at www.albertabeerfestivals.com
- Tickets also available for purchase at Sobeys and Safeway Grocery & Liquor Stores.
- Enter the JustBeer social contest to WIN YOUR WAY IN. Details here.
- Use the hashtag #YYCBeerfest
- Tag @ABBeerfestivals and @JustBeerApp
JustBeer will be on site sampling beer with you and bringing you the latest, greatest info on social media. Also, our very own Tracy-Lynne MacLellan (Insta: @trace_master_flex) will be participating in the Canadian International Beer Awards (CIBA) as a Celebrity Judge. It’s a tough gig, but someone’s gotta do it!
Cheers and see you at #YYCBeerfest!
Alberta Will Allow Craft Beer To Be Sold in Farmers’ Markets
Finance Minister Joe Ceci makes the exciting announcement that Alberta Craft Brewers can sell their wares in Farmers’ Markets around the province.
Hyper Local Brew Festival
Wonder what it takes for a drink to be considered “Hyper-Local?” All beers, ciders, meads, and artisanal beverages at our Hyper-Local Craft Brewfest are made by New England producers with ingredients grown, made, or harvested in locally.
Uncle Leo’s Brewery Prepares for a Newcomer
Once they receive their canning machine from Calgary, Uncle Leo’s Brewery in Nova Scotia plans to increase production and grow the company.
Just Beer is Helping Albertans Save Money on Beer
With a new addition to the website, Calgarians and Edmontonians can browse beers that are on sale and “tap” into the cheapest prices in the city—and it’s really that simple.