EVENT: Calgary International Beerfest 2018
Calgary International Beerfest is almost here! Keep reading for everything you need to know about ABF’s 2018 edition of the Calgary International Beerfest. It’s Western Canada’s largest beer festival and ranked one of the best beer festivals in the world. Don’t miss this special event!
By Justin Beerber on Apr. 20, 2018
What is Calgary International Beerfest?
- Western Canada’s largest beer festival
- Considered one of the Top 10 Best Beer Festivals in the world!
When is Calgary International Beerfest 2018?
- Friday, May 4th 3:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Saturday, May 5th 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Where is Calgary International Beerfest?
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- BMO Centre at Stampede Park.
- Enter through Halls C or E
- Alberta Beer Festivals: Established in 2005, Alberta Beer Festivals is a forum for breweries to share their stories, passions and products with beer enthusiasts of Western Canada. We create a positive impact in the beer industry, local charities and within our community.
- Presented by Sobeys Liquor and Safeway Liquor: Sobeys Inc. is a proudly Canadian company with more than 100 years in the food business and now we’ve brought it to liquor stores across Alberta and Saskatchewan. In 2014 Sobeys Liquor acquired Safeway Wine & Spirits. Since then, we’ve grown to 67 locations.
Why You Should Definitely Check Out Calgary International Beerfest 2018:
- Over 500 beers, ciders and spirits from 40 countries
- 160 Breweries & Distilleries
- 30 of Calgary’s amazing restaurants/pubs
- Brew Master Seminars
- Cooking with Beer Seminars
- Canadian International Beer Awards (CIBA) – certified judges lead groups of celebrity judges in over 20 different categories, making this one of the largest beer judging forums in North America
- The inaugural North American Women’s Beverage Alliance: bringing female industry leaders from across North America to Calgary
- Supporting Local Charities
- The Craft Distillery District for those who like Spirits
- ALL NEW AFTER PARTY at Calgary Stampede’s newly renovated Big 4 Roadhouse with live performances by JJ Shiplett, The Dudes and DJ Burchil
Tickets to Calgary International Beerfest 2018
- Online Advance Tickets: from $19.99 to $49.99 at www.albertabeerfestivals.com
- Tickets also available for purchase at Sobeys and Safeway Grocery & Liquor Stores.
- Enter the JustBeer social contest to WIN YOUR WAY IN. Details here.
- Use the hashtag #YYCBeerfest
- Tag @ABBeerfestivals and @JustBeerApp
JustBeer will be on site sampling beer with you and bringing you the latest, greatest info on social media. Also, our very own Tracy-Lynne MacLellan (Insta: @trace_master_flex) will be participating in the Canadian International Beer Awards (CIBA) as a Celebrity Judge. It’s a tough gig, but someone’s gotta do it!
Cheers and see you at #YYCBeerfest!
8 Reasons to Attend Calgary’s International Beerfest
Calgary International Beerfest is being held on October 15 & 16, 2021 and you don’t want to miss it! Try over 700 local beers from over 160 breweries from Calgary and across Canada!
Carpe Beerum (seize the beer!) – 10 Ways To Be A Beer Festival Ninja
Follow these tips to ensure you have the best experience at any beer festival! Cheers!
2015 Calgary Oktoberfest
Calgary Oktoberfest is an annual event put on by Alberta Beer Festivals (ABF), who do their best to bring local craft beer and Oktoberfest related food (like bratwurst) to the great people of Alberta, in both Calgary and Edmonton.
You’re Invited: JustBeer’s ‘Cowboy Crusher’ Stampede Launch Party
Looking forward to Stampede? SO ARE WE! So let’s get fired up for this year’s Stampede in style with Craft Beer Market and Parallel 49. It’s going to be a blast, and there’s a trip to Vancouver to be won…