Hefeweizen Mozzarella Bombs
While you can’t taste the beer in this recipe it is responsible for keeping the dough light and fluffy. Thank goodness for unsung heroes!
By Just Beer Community Collection on May. 16, 2017
Hefeweizen Mozzarella Bomb Highlights
- These are a great snack or appie
- Using a wheat beer keeps the dough light and fluffy
- 3 cups (360g) all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope (7g) rapid rise yeast
- 2 tbs sugar
- 3/4 cup (186g) wheat beer
- ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (6g) tsp salt
- 16 ciliegine sized Mozzarealla balls
- 1 tbs melted butter
- 1 tsp coarse or flakey salt (I used smoked Maldon)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, add the flour, yeast, and sugar. Mix until combined.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the beer. Microwave on high for 20 seconds, test temperature with a cooking thermometer and repeat until temperature reaches between 120 and 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the beer to the stand mixer and mix on medium speed. Once most of the dough has been moistened, sprinkle with the salt and add softened butter.
- Turn speed to medium-high and beat until dough is smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl, tightly wrap with plastic wrap. Allow to sit in a warm room until doubled in size, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Add to a lightly flowered surface, knead for about 3 minutes. Cut dough into 16 pieces.
- One at a time press the dough into a small circle, add the mozzarealla ball to the center and form the dough tightly around the cheese. Make sure the dough isn’t too thin in any place, and the mozzarella is completely covered.
- Add to a baking sheet. Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with garlic powder and salt.
- Allow to rest for 15minutes while the oven heats.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a light golden brown.
Guinness Beer Nuts
These Guinness Beer Nuts are coated with a sweet beer glaze then tossed with pieces of smoky bacon. Just like the saying goes, once you start you won’t be able to stop!
Once you’ve got the grill going just stick your whole meal on there and don’t forget to put some beers aside to drink with it.
White Bean Turkey Beer Chili
If you have leftover turkey from last night, this is what you should do with it.