Irish Apple Beer Cake
This cake pairs best with your favourite dark beer.
By Just Beer Community Collection on Mar. 15, 2017
- 1 cup beer (red ale, wheat ale, pilsner, or blonde)
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 large Fuji apples (peeled and chopped)
- 6 tbs melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 shot of Irish Whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, both kinds of sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir in the apples, then make a well in the centre.
- Add in the butter, vanilla, beer and eggs, stirring until just combined.
- Pour into a 9 inch spring form pan that has been greased.
- Bake at 350 until the center has set, 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Just prior to serving add the cream, powdered sugar and or whiskey to a stand mixer. Mix on high until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Serve cake topped with whipped cream.
Shared from The Beeroness.
Guinness Ice Cream
Give in to your sweet tooth with this extremely delicious beer ice cream!
Onion Beer Soup with Cheese & Herb Toasts
The secret behind this soup, besides the beer, is to cook the onions long and slow for a deep colour and rich flavour.
Beef, Bean, and Beer Chili
Hot chili is a very underrated summer menu item. Bring a big ol’ thermos of this to a picnic or other warm weather cookout, and it makes a great side to those grilled burgers and dogs. Just have some insulated cups around, and maybe some hot sauce, and you’re in business. But no matter what season it is, give this beef, bean, and beer chili a try soon.