Irish Nachos with Guinness Queso Recipe
Just when you thought nachos couldn’t get any more decadent, Guinness Nachos came along. This has got to be the perfect St. Patrick’s Day treat (besides beer).
By The Beer Community on Mar. 15, 2019
If you’re thinking about a St. Patrick’s Day that’s more chill and low-key this year, then this recipe is the perfect one for you. We’ve officially found the ultimate St. Patrick’s Day comfort food. GUINNESS NACHOS. We know, your mouth is watering. Grab a bottle (or two) of Guinness, your favourite nacho chips, and your closest group of friends to chow down on this amazing, cheesy St. Patty’s Day nacho recipe. Enjoy!
Planning a night out on the town this St. Patrick’s Day?
Check out Calgary and Edmonton’s best Irish bars!
Ingredients for Irish Nachos with Guinness Queso Cheese
- 1/4 cup Guinness
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 16-oz. bag Ruffles (or your favourite nacho chips)
- 6 strips cooked bacon (chopped)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
Cooking Directions for Guinness Queso Irish Nachos
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Next, whisk in the garlic and flour and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the Guinness and milk and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat slightly.
- Stir in the cheese and cook until the cheese is melted. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- On a large serving dish, scatter about half of the chips. Pour about half of the beer cheese queso on top then sprinkle with chives and chopped bacon. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
Video: Irish Nachos with Guinness Beer Queso by Delish
Recipe shared from Delish.
Want to try more recipes using your favourite beer — Guinness?
Loved these Guinness Nachos? For more great St. Paddy’s Day posts, check out these links:
How to Make Green Beer for St. Patrick’s Day
Irish People Taste Test American Beer Video
Have You Ever Wondered Why We Drink Green Beer On St. Patrick’s Day?
Green Beer Experiment: Can You Actually Taste Food Colouring in Your Beer?
How to Host a Mother’s Day Beer Brunch
Hosting is hard work, but then all the benefits, love and praise are yours. It is especially worth it when you see that loving glow on your mom’s face. Ok… part of the love and gratitude is for you and the other part is for the craft beer. We think you’ll agree to share the limelight!
VIDEO: Emeril Lagasse Cooks With Beer
In this episode of Emeril Live, Emeril Lagasse makes not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 different recipes with our favorite ingredient BEER!!! BAM!!!
5 Best Holiday Beer Cocktail Recipes for the Christmas Season
You’ve got a fully stocked bar with all the fixings for your holiday party now here are some beer cocktails to serve up which will make your party merry and bright.
11 Beer Recipes Every Guinness Lover Needs To Try
You won’t need the luck of the Irish to whip up these delicious delights! With these delicious Guinness recipes, you