Irish Nachos with Guinness Queso Recipe
Just when you thought nachos couldn’t get any more decadent, Guinness Nachos came along. This has got to be the perfect St. Patrick’s Day treat (besides beer).
By The Beer Community on Mar. 15, 2019
If you’re thinking about a St. Patrick’s Day that’s more chill and low-key this year, then this recipe is the perfect one for you. We’ve officially found the ultimate St. Patrick’s Day comfort food. GUINNESS NACHOS. We know, your mouth is watering. Grab a bottle (or two) of Guinness, your favourite nacho chips, and your closest group of friends to chow down on this amazing, cheesy St. Patty’s Day nacho recipe. Enjoy!
Planning a night out on the town this St. Patrick’s Day?
Check out Calgary and Edmonton’s best Irish bars!
Ingredients for Irish Nachos with Guinness Queso Cheese
- 1/4 cup Guinness
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 16-oz. bag Ruffles (or your favourite nacho chips)
- 6 strips cooked bacon (chopped)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
Cooking Directions for Guinness Queso Irish Nachos
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Next, whisk in the garlic and flour and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the Guinness and milk and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat slightly.
- Stir in the cheese and cook until the cheese is melted. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- On a large serving dish, scatter about half of the chips. Pour about half of the beer cheese queso on top then sprinkle with chives and chopped bacon. Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve immediately.
Video: Irish Nachos with Guinness Beer Queso by Delish
Recipe shared from Delish.
Want to try more recipes using your favourite beer — Guinness?
Loved these Guinness Nachos? For more great St. Paddy’s Day posts, check out these links:
How to Make Green Beer for St. Patrick’s Day
Irish People Taste Test American Beer Video
Have You Ever Wondered Why We Drink Green Beer On St. Patrick’s Day?
Green Beer Experiment: Can You Actually Taste Food Colouring in Your Beer?
16 Oktoberfest Recipes – Traditional Bavarian or German Style Foods & Dishes
These German dishes may not be made with beer, but they pair perfectly with a nice big mug of it. Try these delicious, traditional Bavarian meals at Oktoberfest or follow the recipes to make them at home.
VIDEO: Tips for Making the Perfect Beer-Battered Fish
You love fish and chips! So do we! Now make them at home with these great tips! And adding a little beer to the batter makes them that much more delectable.
The Best Chocolate Porter Cupcakes Recipe
What is the next best thing to drinking a Phillips’ Longboat Chocolate Porter? Eating it!
6 Easy Beer Bread Recipes
These recipes are doughy and delicious and best of all they have your favourite ingredient; BEER! Try them when you have company or when you are on your own we know they will quickly become a household favourite.