By Dustin Miller on May. 10, 2017
Calgary, AB Job Posting: Internship
This is a part-time, unpaid, 3-month position. The intern will work between 10 and 20 hours a week, depending on their schedule; timing is very flexible. The Intern may be offered a regular/paid position at the end of the 3-month period dependent on performance.
Interns receive training and guidance in all the essential skills of web journalism, including organizing information, writing articles on deadline, fact-checking, headline writing, search-engine optimization, and uploading text and multimedia into our content management system.
Editorial Internship Responsibilities:
- Duties will be based on your individual skill (eg. writing and aggregating content, social media, event promotion, marketing and/or graphic design, etc.).
- Assist the editorial and content team in building the JustBeer news, events, and content channels.
- Work with the marketing team to distribute your contributions on the JustBeer social channels.
- Aggregate, curate, monitor, and share beer news from around North America.
- Write articles, fact check, search photos, transcribe interviews, come up with content ideas (and stories) and generally infuse your passion for writing into your work at JustBeer.
- Dip your toe into “critical thinking” as you evaluate your work, based on performance of past articles/posts.
*If you have photoshop and/or photography skills, be sure to include that in your application.
Submit your resumé and a cover letter explaining why you’re a good fit for our team and what you like about JustBeer.
About Working at Mobility Quotient (MQ)
MQ is a digital agency that helps businesses manage and improve their digital portfolios; from websites and apps, to social media strategy and marketing, MQ offers a full-suit of skills and services that help companies break through existing plateaus.
MQ products are a showcase of our best work in practice; they provide an incubation chamber for innovation – a place where we can explore ideas and concepts without compromising the quality of work we offer our clients. JustWine, JustBeer, and GreenThumb are all MQ products that foster the growth and exchange of knowledge and information online; AND they encourage curiosity and connectedness within their applicable communities.
JustBeer is a community for beer lovers and enthusiasts around the world. Our mission is to make beer more approachable by creating a space for beginners and experts to contribute their opinions, skills and experience; as well as provide a conduit to research new beers and connect with fellow beer lovers. What are you drinking tonight? JustBeer! | http://justbeerapp.com
It’s Official: New England India Pale Ale Is a Style
In a JustBeer Trend Watch back in March, we told you to look out for NEIPA and now it’s officially confirmed by the experts at Beer Advocate. NEIPA is a style.
AB InBev Wants to Bring Beer to Mars
When NASA gets to Mars in the year 2030, will there be some refreshing brews waiting for them?
CAMRA Alberta: Getting Serious About Local Craft Beer
There has been some buzz around town lately about a craft beer society being formed called CAMRA Alberta. Some of you might already know that yours truly is involved with forming this organization. So I thought that I would write a little something up so that everyone knows where we’re coming from.
Labatt employees mourn the end of beer-for-life era
Retirees will no longer get free beer until they die, says company