JustBeer Update: What’s New in This Release
Welcome back, beer fanatic! We’ve been working on some exciting new upgrades and now you can check them out for yourself. As of Nov 26, 2019, you can download the new app on Android and iOS, and access the local beer guides along with other great additions. Read on for more info…
By Dustin Miller on Nov. 26, 2019
What’s New in This Release?
- Local Beer Guides – featuring craft breweries and beers from over 130 cities and towns across North America.
- More Craft Beer – to be exact, there are now over 2.8K breweries and 18K craft beers listed on JustBeer with hundreds more being added every month.
- Better Navigation – for better access to our rich beer content.
- Advertising & Partnerships – we know ads aren’t everyone’s favourite thing, but they help us promote local businesses and pay the bills.
- New App – for Android & iOS. Don’t have the app?
Get it for free on Android or Apple iOS.
JustBeer Update Screenshots
What’s New on the New Mobile App?
- No Account Required – we get it, not everyone wants to “sign up for an account.” We’ve unlocked features and content for all users without an account requirement.
- Android or iOS Unified Experience – no matter which device you have, both Android and Apple devices now have the same features, functions, and experience.
- Bold new look – Refreshed new design focusing on both content and user experience.
- Personalized Recommendations – Beer isn’t a popularity contest! It’s personal, just like your flavour preferences. Now, you can get beer suggestions based on the ones you’ve liked.
- New Navigation – We’ve changed the way you move around the app! The most important thing to know is you can open up your menu by swiping up on the navigation tray.
- All New Beer Guides – We love them so much, we’ve listed it twice. Explore your local and destination craft beer scene with Beer Guides.
Get the App
Beer Guides – #DrinkLocal
The local Beer Guides highlight breweries and their beers, making JustBeer an ideal tool for those who love locally-produced beer and support the #DrinkLocal movement. Each beer guide includes a craft brewery map, a list of breweries, beers & popular beer styles, events, beer news, and an opportunity for local content submissions.
That’s it… for this update
Don’t worry though, we have more good things a-brewin’!
A List of New Breweries List Coming To Alberta In 2017 (Part 2)
Here is a list of breweries that we’ve been compiling (let us know if we’ve missed any), that are coming to Alberta this summer and fall 2016.
Hash House Harriers: An International Group of Non-Competitive Running Social Club
It’s unsure whether the Hash House Harriers are “a running group with a drinking problem” or “a drinking group with a running problem”. This is the beer movement you don’t want to miss! Drink beer, Run & Have Fun!
Washington Brewery to Release Three New Beers on October 10th
Popular Washington Brewery, DC Brau, will be releasing two new beers this week and bringing back one of their most popular beers, OTWOA.
Calgary Craft Brewery Closes Its Doors – Is Alberta’s Saturated Craft Beer Market to Blame?
Red Bison Brewery shuts its doors in Calgary’s Franklin neighbourhood just a year and a half after opening. Is this the beginning of the end for new craft breweries looking to enter the market?