JustBeer Update: What’s New in This Release
Welcome back, beer fanatic! We’ve been working on some exciting new upgrades and now you can check them out for yourself. As of Nov 26, 2019, you can download the new app on Android and iOS, and access the local beer guides along with other great additions. Read on for more info…
By Dustin Miller on Nov. 26, 2019
What’s New in This Release?
- Local Beer Guides – featuring craft breweries and beers from over 130 cities and towns across North America.
- More Craft Beer – to be exact, there are now over 2.8K breweries and 18K craft beers listed on JustBeer with hundreds more being added every month.
- Better Navigation – for better access to our rich beer content.
- Advertising & Partnerships – we know ads aren’t everyone’s favourite thing, but they help us promote local businesses and pay the bills.
- New App – for Android & iOS. Don’t have the app?
Get it for free on Android or Apple iOS.
JustBeer Update Screenshots
What’s New on the New Mobile App?
- No Account Required – we get it, not everyone wants to “sign up for an account.” We’ve unlocked features and content for all users without an account requirement.
- Android or iOS Unified Experience – no matter which device you have, both Android and Apple devices now have the same features, functions, and experience.
- Bold new look – Refreshed new design focusing on both content and user experience.
- Personalized Recommendations – Beer isn’t a popularity contest! It’s personal, just like your flavour preferences. Now, you can get beer suggestions based on the ones you’ve liked.
- New Navigation – We’ve changed the way you move around the app! The most important thing to know is you can open up your menu by swiping up on the navigation tray.
- All New Beer Guides – We love them so much, we’ve listed it twice. Explore your local and destination craft beer scene with Beer Guides.
Get the App
Beer Guides – #DrinkLocal
The local Beer Guides highlight breweries and their beers, making JustBeer an ideal tool for those who love locally-produced beer and support the #DrinkLocal movement. Each beer guide includes a craft brewery map, a list of breweries, beers & popular beer styles, events, beer news, and an opportunity for local content submissions.
That’s it… for this update
Don’t worry though, we have more good things a-brewin’!
VIDEO: Introducing The Pacific Beer Chat Podcast
From the Pacific Beer Chat Podcast: There’s an abundance of beer bloggers from western Canada, but a lack of podcasts. The Pacific Beer Chat Podcast hopes to fill that gap. Join us every episode for some great recommendations for local craft beers, favourite places to sit an enjoy a nice beer and a comparison to beer scenes around the world.
JustBeer is Helping Albertans Save Money on Beer
With a new addition to the JustBeer website, Calgarians and Edmontonians can browse beers that are on sale and “tap” into the cheapest prices in the city—and it’s really that simple.
Sleeman Breweries Purchases Calgary’s Wild Rose Brewery
Wild Rose Brewery is being purchased by the third-largest brewing company in Canada, Sleeman Breweries, and it’s the first time an Alberta craft brewery has been sold to a large multinational company. Continue reading to learn more about why Wild Rose went through with the deal and what we can expect from one of Calgary’s most beloved breweries; Wild Rose.
Russia is Jumping on the Craft Beer Bandwagon
Craft beer is quickly replacing vodka as the drink of choice for many young Russians.