Mondial de la Bière 2017
Early Details Announced for Mondial de la Bière 2017
By Just Beer Community Collection on Mar. 17, 2017
The organizers of Mondial de la Bière – one of North America’s largest and most diverse beer festivals – have announced advance details for its 24th annual edition, which will be taking place at Palais des Congrès de Montréal on June 14 to 18, 2017.
Set to feature hundreds of beers, ciders and meads from a wide selection of local, national and international breweries and producers, this year’s edition of Mondial will include the following highlights:
- MBeer Guided Tours led by beer experts, featuring beer sampling throughout the festival, and ending with a beer and cheese pairing.
- Workshops on various themes including and cheeses, beer and chocolate, beer and finger food, and beer and music.
- The 12th annual MBeer Greg Noonan Contest, a juried tasting competition named for the late brewing expert Greg Noonan that will award one platinum and 10 gold medals to the best beers available at the festival.
- The replacement of paper tasting coupons with a smart card that will be pre-loaded with the initial number of tasting credits purchased by the attendees, with kiosks throughout the hall to check balances and add additional credits.
- A selection of pre-paid packages, including a $25 package for early access and lunch on Wednesday to Friday, and 1- and 5-day VIP packages with access to a private tasting area with a selection of International beers and finger foods, as well as other perks.
- Live music, DJs, and other entertainment.
Outside of the festival proper, La Semaine Brassicole will run from June 12th to 18th, featuring beer events at bars and breweries throughout the city, and a Sorties Flaveurs series of beer dinners and pairing menus at select Montréal restaurants.
General admission to Mondial de la Bière is free, with sampling tickets available for $1, and 2 to 8 oz beer samples being served for between 2 and 8 tickets each. Festival hours of operation are 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM on Wednesday June 14th to Saturday June 17th, and 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Sunday June 18th.
For more information, see the Mondial de la Bière Montréal website, and watch for further details about the festival and surrounding events to be announced at a press conference in May.
Shared from: Canadian Beer News
B.C. launches its ‘largest marketing campaign’ for craft beer
Province officially launches 7 beer tours across the province aimed at promoting local breweries
No Cheers for the 2017 Budget!
Will an increase in the price of beer lead to a decrease in it’s purchase?
Dial a Bottle 2.0 – Drizly.com Comes to Calgary AB
Winter will soon be upon us and so we go into hibernation. But how can we get beer if we are in hibernation? Thanks to our friends at Drizly that is no longer a problem, so hibernate away!
America’s First Beermeister at Sea
Just eight short months ago, brewmaster Colin Presby was creating craft beer in his hometown of Reading, Penn., when he saw a cruise gig advertised online. Today, he’s a full-time fixture aboard the new Carnival Vista cruise ship, where he runs the first US brewery at sea.
Enter for a chance to win a Synek countertop beer dispenser *CONTEST CLOSED*
How do you enter? Download the Just Beer App, and/or create an account on justbeerapp.com; then follow @justbeerapp on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram; then like, share, tag a friend or comment on one of the Just Beer posts from any of the those social pages.