Nachos with Beer Cheese
Introducing the nachos of your dreams.
By Mairyn Chorney on Dec. 07, 2016
Beer Cheese Ingredients
- 1 cup Modelo Negra
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese (grated)
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- chorizo (cooked)
- tortilla chips
- 1 bunch green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (chopped)
- jalapeños (sliced)
- 1 large avocado (sliced)
- 1/2 can refried black beans
- sour cream
- lime wedges
- Combine milk and beer in a small sauce pan and heat until warm, but not boiling.
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Once melted add the flour, one tablespoon at a time stirring constantly until smooth and incorporated.
- Add the warm beer-milk mixture 1/3 at a time, continuing stirring, until incorporated. Lower heat to medium low heat and add both cheeses.
- To assemble the nachos, preheat the oven to 375 with the rack positioned in the middle.
- Heat up the refried beans in a pan until warm and runny. Add a little water for a runnier consistency.
- Add 1/3 of chips on to a baking sheet and pour 1/3 of beans and 1/3 of cheese over the layer. Repeat until you use all the chips, beans and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes until chips are toasted on the edges.
- Top with chorizo, jalapeno slices, avocado, green onions and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and top with a dollop of sour cream.
Pairs nicely with beer, buddies and sports.
Shared from Honestly Yum.
Need more snacks for the big game? Check out these recipes:
Chocolate Covered Beer Marshmallows
The only problem you’ll have when you make these beer marshmallows, is that you won’t be able to stop eating them.
Beergarita / Beer Margarita / The Mexican Bull Dog
The two, single-best, summer drinks (other than sangria, of course): beer and margaritas, slam them together and they’re a match made in heaven. Now that you’re primed, let’s get mixing!
Ginger Beer & Tangerine Glazed Ham
Using ginger beer in this recipe will really spice up your usual Easter ham.