New Modern Liquor Laws in British Columbia: Here’s What You Need To Know
New and modern British Columbia liquor laws come into effect today, January 23, 2017. Here’s what you can expect to change about the booze scene in B.C., Canada.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 23, 2017
Hair cut and have a drink, read a book and have a drink, get a massage and (you guess it) HAVE A DRINK!!! Thanks to B.C.’s new liquor laws, the options are endless.
B.C.’s new liquor laws are good news for local wineries and breweries:
MLA John Yap has got it right! This is a fantastic new opportunity not just for us, the public, but also for BC wineries and breweries.
“Customers will have more opportunities to enjoy some of the world class wines and craft beers that we know and love that are created right here in British Columbia.”
-MLA John Yap, Bill Initiator
Some of British Columbia’s New Liquor Laws:
- Businesses and special events can apply for a liquor license (eliminating ‘beer gardens’ by allowing the entire event to be licensed).
- Hotel room service can bring you an alcoholic beverage anytime you want it 24/7.
- Minors can be in a place serving liquor if their parent or guardian is with them.
- No food necessary when getting an alcoholic beverage.
- Home brewers and vintners can serve their creations at licensed events, festivals and competitions.
View the official list of Changes and Regulations to B.C. liquor laws:
DAVIDsTEA Partners With Beau’s Brewery to Release a Tea-Flavoured Beer This Week in Canada
Move over Pumpkin Beer, a new fall beer is in town! DAVIDsTEA and Beau’s Brewing Company team up to create a London Fog-inspired beer.
MobCraft Beer Update – What Happened After Shark Tank
See how MobCraft faired before, during and after they entered the Shark Tank.
An INDIEGOGO Project: The Vessi Beer Fermentor and Dispenser
INDIEGOGO’s VESSI home-brewing beer project ferments, carbonates, and dispenses home-brewed beer in as little as 7 days!
Pabst Blue Ribbon is Selling Limited Edition 99-Packs of PBR – Here’s Where to Buy Them
Wondering where to get 99-packs of PBR? Because who doesn’t need 99 cans of beer? Here’s where to buy 99-can packs of Pabst Blue Ribbon.