New Modern Liquor Laws in British Columbia: Here’s What You Need To Know
New and modern British Columbia liquor laws come into effect today, January 23, 2017. Here’s what you can expect to change about the booze scene in B.C., Canada.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 23, 2017
Hair cut and have a drink, read a book and have a drink, get a massage and (you guess it) HAVE A DRINK!!! Thanks to B.C.’s new liquor laws, the options are endless.
B.C.’s new liquor laws are good news for local wineries and breweries:
MLA John Yap has got it right! This is a fantastic new opportunity not just for us, the public, but also for BC wineries and breweries.
“Customers will have more opportunities to enjoy some of the world class wines and craft beers that we know and love that are created right here in British Columbia.”
-MLA John Yap, Bill Initiator
Some of British Columbia’s New Liquor Laws:
- Businesses and special events can apply for a liquor license (eliminating ‘beer gardens’ by allowing the entire event to be licensed).
- Hotel room service can bring you an alcoholic beverage anytime you want it 24/7.
- Minors can be in a place serving liquor if their parent or guardian is with them.
- No food necessary when getting an alcoholic beverage.
- Home brewers and vintners can serve their creations at licensed events, festivals and competitions.
View the official list of Changes and Regulations to B.C. liquor laws:
Loblaw Companies Launches Official No Name Beer (& It’s Insanely Cheap)
Everyone loves the no name brand for mainly one reason: it’s cheap! The company behind the no name brand has announced they will be launching a no name beer on Friday, February 15, 2019.
OMMEGANG and HBO Release New Game of Thrones Beer Series
True summer is over, but it’s no reason to pout because in October…Winter is Here!
PRESS RELEASE: JustBeer Partners with Brewers Guild of Alaska
JustBeer has entered into contract with the Brewers Guild of Alaska to work with and promote the BGA and the 27 brewery members registered under the association.
A New Valentine’s Day Beer: Enjoy By 02.14.17 by Stone Brewing
Looking for that perfect beer to have with your boo on Valentine’s Day? Stone Brewing has got what you need.