New Modern Liquor Laws in BC: Here’s What You Need To Know
Relaxed B.C. liquor laws come into effect today, January 23, 2017 what can you expect.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 23, 2017
Hair cut and have a drink, read a book and have a drink, get a massage and HAVE A DRINK!!! The options are endless.
BC’s new liquor laws are good news for local wineries and breweries:
MLA John Yap has got it right! This is a fantastic new opportunity not just for us, the public, but also for BC wineries and breweries.
“Customers will have more opportunities to enjoy some of the world class wines and craft beers that we know and love that are created right here in British Columbia.”
-MLA John Yap, Bill Initiator
Some of BC’s New Liquor Laws:
- Businesses and special events can apply for a liquor license (eliminating ‘beer gardens’ by allowing the entire event to be licensed).
- Hotel room service can bring you an alcoholic beverage anytime you want it 24/7.
- Minors can be in a place serving liquor if their parent or guardian is with them.
- No food necessary when getting an alcoholic beverage.
- Home brewers and vintners can serve their creations at licensed events, festivals and competitions.
View the list of Changes and Regulations to B.C. liquor laws:
10+ Craft Beer Weeks You Should Hit Up This Summer
From Calgary to Chicago, there’s likely a Craft Beer Week near you…
So What Exactly is the Jasper Beer & Barley Summit?
Jasper Beer & Barley Summit is coming your way. Learn more now!
*CONTEST CLOSED*: #YYCBeerfest Winners
JustBeer is giving away tickets to the Calgary International Beerfest on May 4 & 5, 2018. Want to win? Follow these steps to be eligible for a chance to WIN YOUR WAY IN. Contest Closes May 1, 2018.
Beer is #1 American Beverage Choice
Beer is the top beverage in the US according to Harris Polls.