New Modern Liquor Laws in BC: Here’s What You Need To Know
Relaxed B.C. liquor laws come into effect today, January 23, 2017 what can you expect.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 23, 2017
Hair cut and have a drink, read a book and have a drink, get a massage and HAVE A DRINK!!! The options are endless.
MLA John Yap has got it right! This is a fantastic new opportunity not just for us, the public, but also for BC wineries and breweries.
“Customers will have more opportunities to enjoy some of the world class wines and craft beers that we know and love that are created right here in British Columbia.”
-MLA John Yap, Bill Initiator
Some of the New ‘Lax Liquor Laws:
- Businesses and special events can apply for a liquor license (eliminating ‘beer gardens’ by allowing the entire event to be licensed).
- Hotel room service can bring you an alcoholic beverage anytime you want it 24/7.
- Minors can be in a place serving liquor if their parent or guardian is with them.
- No food necessary when getting an alcoholic beverage.
- Home brewers and vintners can serve their creations at licensed events, festivals and competitions.
View the list of Changes and Regulations
New Package, Same Hefe
Granville Island Brewing’s Hefeweizen is getting a new name and package, but don’t worry, it’s still the same great recipe and crisp refreshing taste.
No Cheers for the 2017 Budget!
Will an increase in the price of beer lead to a decrease in it’s purchase?
Canoe Brewpub’s Revolution in a Bottle Contest
Celebrating the launch of Canoe Brewpub’s new beer line-up & brand new labels, get decked out in all the gear.
Calgary International Beerfest After Party 2018
Keep the party going after Beerfest is over! The official Calgary International Beerfest After Party takes place at the Big 4 Roadhouse at Calgary Stampede park. The parties feature talented musical acts JJ Shiplett and The Dudes with DJ Burchil finishing off each evening’s entertainment.