New Modern Liquor Laws in BC: Here’s What You Need To Know
Relaxed B.C. liquor laws come into effect today, January 23, 2017 what can you expect.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 23, 2017
Hair cut and have a drink, read a book and have a drink, get a massage and HAVE A DRINK!!! The options are endless.
MLA John Yap has got it right! This is a fantastic new opportunity not just for us, the public, but also for BC wineries and breweries.
“Customers will have more opportunities to enjoy some of the world class wines and craft beers that we know and love that are created right here in British Columbia.”
-MLA John Yap, Bill Initiator
Some of the New ‘Lax Liquor Laws:
- Businesses and special events can apply for a liquor license (eliminating ‘beer gardens’ by allowing the entire event to be licensed).
- Hotel room service can bring you an alcoholic beverage anytime you want it 24/7.
- Minors can be in a place serving liquor if their parent or guardian is with them.
- No food necessary when getting an alcoholic beverage.
- Home brewers and vintners can serve their creations at licensed events, festivals and competitions.
View the list of Changes and Regulations
Banded Peak: New Calgary-based craft brewery to open up in March
A new Calgary-based brewery specializing in quality craft beer will open up the doors to its 34th Avenue warehouse, in the Manchester Industrial Park, in March 2016.
Alberta Small Brewers Invited to the Roundhouse Winter Craft Beer Festival
The Roundhouse Winter Craft Beer Festival showcases some of Ontario’s best craft brewers. This year they will also be opening the doors to members of the Alberta Small Brewers Association paving the path to a more unity Canadian Craft Beer Industry.
Canned Beer’s 82nd Anniversary
On this day 82 years ago canned beer was invented and boy are we glad.
Download Just Beer, the Official @abbeerfestivals App
Now Available on Android and iOS