New Modern Liquor Laws in BC: Here’s What You Need To Know
Relaxed B.C. liquor laws come into effect today, January 23, 2017 what can you expect.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 23, 2017
Hair cut and have a drink, read a book and have a drink, get a massage and HAVE A DRINK!!! The options are endless.
MLA John Yap has got it right! This is a fantastic new opportunity not just for us, the public, but also for BC wineries and breweries.
“Customers will have more opportunities to enjoy some of the world class wines and craft beers that we know and love that are created right here in British Columbia.”
-MLA John Yap, Bill Initiator
Some of the New ‘Lax Liquor Laws:
- Businesses and special events can apply for a liquor license (eliminating ‘beer gardens’ by allowing the entire event to be licensed).
- Hotel room service can bring you an alcoholic beverage anytime you want it 24/7.
- Minors can be in a place serving liquor if their parent or guardian is with them.
- No food necessary when getting an alcoholic beverage.
- Home brewers and vintners can serve their creations at licensed events, festivals and competitions.
View the list of Changes and Regulations
AB InBev Wants to Bring Beer to Mars
When NASA gets to Mars in the year 2030, will there be some refreshing brews waiting for them?
Picaroons Releases The Leprechaunumdrum
Just in time for St.Patrick’s Day Picaroons releases the leprechaun.
Is The Craft Beer Craze Going Flat?
Craft brews have long been a bright spot for the struggling U.S. beer industry. But Americans’ thirst for craft beer may be on the wane.
Beer vs Tylenol: Which is the Better Pain Reliever?
A recent study shows that beer can be a powerful pain reliever, so next time you feel that headache coming on and you are out of Tylenol, you may have an alternative option.