New Modern Liquor Laws in British Columbia: Here’s What You Need To Know
New and modern British Columbia liquor laws come into effect today, January 23, 2017. Here’s what you can expect to change about the booze scene in B.C., Canada.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 23, 2017
Hair cut and have a drink, read a book and have a drink, get a massage and (you guess it) HAVE A DRINK!!! Thanks to B.C.’s new liquor laws, the options are endless.
B.C.’s new liquor laws are good news for local wineries and breweries:
MLA John Yap has got it right! This is a fantastic new opportunity not just for us, the public, but also for BC wineries and breweries.
“Customers will have more opportunities to enjoy some of the world class wines and craft beers that we know and love that are created right here in British Columbia.”
-MLA John Yap, Bill Initiator
Some of British Columbia’s New Liquor Laws:
- Businesses and special events can apply for a liquor license (eliminating ‘beer gardens’ by allowing the entire event to be licensed).
- Hotel room service can bring you an alcoholic beverage anytime you want it 24/7.
- Minors can be in a place serving liquor if their parent or guardian is with them.
- No food necessary when getting an alcoholic beverage.
- Home brewers and vintners can serve their creations at licensed events, festivals and competitions.
View the official list of Changes and Regulations to B.C. liquor laws:
2018 Canadian Fall Beer Releases: A Guide and Directory
From East to West, North to South, we’ve compiled these lists of all the beers (and beer variety packs) released in each province in the months of September and October. Here’s to Canadian Craft Beer! #DrinkLocal
Two Pillars Brewery & Taproom Opens its Doors in Calgary
Calgary’s got a new brewery! Two Pillars Brewery opened its doors in Calgary over Labour Day weekend. Learn more about Two Pillars and their brews.
Stone Brewing Files Lawsuit Against MillerCoors Over Beer Name
Stone Brewing takes on Big Beer! Brand confusion or publicity stunt?
Budweiser Releases Canucks Sedin Beer – Here’s Where to Buy It
In honour of Sedin Week, Budweiser released a 20-can Sedin Beer Pack honouring the Vancouver Canucks players. Here’s where to get them in Canada.