New Modern Liquor Laws in BC: Here’s What You Need To Know
Relaxed B.C. liquor laws come into effect today, January 23, 2017 what can you expect.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 23, 2017
Hair cut and have a drink, read a book and have a drink, get a massage and HAVE A DRINK!!! The options are endless.
MLA John Yap has got it right! This is a fantastic new opportunity not just for us, the public, but also for BC wineries and breweries.
“Customers will have more opportunities to enjoy some of the world class wines and craft beers that we know and love that are created right here in British Columbia.”
-MLA John Yap, Bill Initiator
Some of the New ‘Lax Liquor Laws:
- Businesses and special events can apply for a liquor license (eliminating ‘beer gardens’ by allowing the entire event to be licensed).
- Hotel room service can bring you an alcoholic beverage anytime you want it 24/7.
- Minors can be in a place serving liquor if their parent or guardian is with them.
- No food necessary when getting an alcoholic beverage.
- Home brewers and vintners can serve their creations at licensed events, festivals and competitions.
View the list of Changes and Regulations
Stella Artois Limited Edition Chalices #BuyALadyADrink
Buy a limited edition Stella Artois glass, and help provide 5-year’s of clean drinking water to someone in need.
You’re Invited: JustBeer’s ‘Cowboy Crusher’ Stampede Launch Party
Looking forward to Stampede? SO ARE WE! So let’s get fired up for this year’s Stampede in style with Craft Beer Market and Parallel 49. It’s going to be a blast, and there’s a trip to Vancouver to be won…
Why are you wearing that brewer’s shoes?!
Join us as the Be the Brewer contest moves on to the final stage.
Former Pope, Benedict XVI, Celebrates 90th Birthday with Beer & Friends
Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI and honored guests celebrated his 90th birthday as a good Bavarian should… with beer.
Ripping Off Customers – 4 ozs at a Time!
If you haven’t seen by now I hate when people rip off the public! Earlier in the year you saw it when I went and made an article about Minhas ripping people off at Beerfests, now it has come to light that the newly opened Rogers Place, in Edmonton Alberta, is ripping people off as