New Modern Liquor Laws in BC: Here’s What You Need To Know
Relaxed B.C. liquor laws come into effect today, January 23, 2017 what can you expect.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 23, 2017
Hair cut and have a drink, read a book and have a drink, get a massage and HAVE A DRINK!!! The options are endless.
MLA John Yap has got it right! This is a fantastic new opportunity not just for us, the public, but also for BC wineries and breweries.
“Customers will have more opportunities to enjoy some of the world class wines and craft beers that we know and love that are created right here in British Columbia.”
-MLA John Yap, Bill Initiator
Some of the New ‘Lax Liquor Laws:
- Businesses and special events can apply for a liquor license (eliminating ‘beer gardens’ by allowing the entire event to be licensed).
- Hotel room service can bring you an alcoholic beverage anytime you want it 24/7.
- Minors can be in a place serving liquor if their parent or guardian is with them.
- No food necessary when getting an alcoholic beverage.
- Home brewers and vintners can serve their creations at licensed events, festivals and competitions.
View the list of Changes and Regulations
Why are you wearing that brewer’s shoes?!
Join us as the Be the Brewer contest moves on to the final stage.
New Belgium Brewery Announces New Beers For 2017
With some exciting new brews and some revamps too 2017 looks great for New Belgium and its fans too!
Can This Beer Save Our Environment?
Hopworks Urban Brewery Long Root Ale is a new beer made from a grain that’s a whole lot nicer for our planet.
Beer Yoga: The Latest Craze
Beer and Yoga, could this be the perfect pairing you are looking for. Learn more about this new trend that is sweeping the industry.