New Modern Liquor Laws in BC: Here’s What You Need To Know
Relaxed B.C. liquor laws come into effect today, January 23, 2017 what can you expect.
By Shira Kogut on Jan. 23, 2017
Hair cut and have a drink, read a book and have a drink, get a massage and HAVE A DRINK!!! The options are endless.
MLA John Yap has got it right! This is a fantastic new opportunity not just for us, the public, but also for BC wineries and breweries.
“Customers will have more opportunities to enjoy some of the world class wines and craft beers that we know and love that are created right here in British Columbia.”
-MLA John Yap, Bill Initiator
Some of the New ‘Lax Liquor Laws:
- Businesses and special events can apply for a liquor license (eliminating ‘beer gardens’ by allowing the entire event to be licensed).
- Hotel room service can bring you an alcoholic beverage anytime you want it 24/7.
- Minors can be in a place serving liquor if their parent or guardian is with them.
- No food necessary when getting an alcoholic beverage.
- Home brewers and vintners can serve their creations at licensed events, festivals and competitions.
View the list of Changes and Regulations
There’s A New Best Beer in America
Every year for eight years Pliny the Elder has been Zymurgy Magazine’s #1 beer in America, but the streak is over and a new beer is now #1.
Download Just Beer, the Official @abbeerfestivals App
Now Available on Android and iOS
Win Big Rock Grasshopper Beer for a Year!!!
How Do You Like Your Grasshopper? With a lemon wedge or without? Be part of the great debate and have your voice heard. You could win Grasshopper beer for a year!!!! To Wedge? Or Not To Wedge? from Big Rock Brewery on Vimeo.
Job Opportunities in Alberta & BC Craft Beer Companies
Want to make Craft Beer more than just a hobby in 2017? These are the job postings we could find in Alberta and BC Craft Beer Companies. Good luck!