Oktoberfest Peanut Brittle
Peanut Brittle…an autumn staple that tastes great; this recipe does not require a candy thermometer
By Just Beer Community Collection on Aug. 08, 2016
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups peanuts
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup Black Oak’s Oaktoberfest Beer
Can’t find Black Oak’s Oaktoberfest? No prob’, substitute a different Oktoberfest style beer!
- Place sugar, lemon juice in deep saucepan. Add enough water to cover.
- Place over high heat, boil 10 minutes until sugar turns into light caramel.
- Remove from heat, add butter.
- Let sit 10 seconds then mix. As soon as butter is melted add beer.
- When mixture is well blended add peanuts, stir.
- Pour mixture onto greased baking sheet. Let cool 2 hours.
- Break apart before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of Black Oak Brewing
Don’t stop at just one recipe — Try a Moscow Mule Cocktail.
This beer cocktail is simple and delicious. For an even simpler version—the Chelada—salt the rim of an ice-filled pint glass, add light lager and fresh lime juice, and enjoy.
Through the rise and fall of popular foods, the foam, the infusions, and the fads, doughnuts will always be there reminding us why they were always our favorite. Why they’re just as good for dessert as they are for breakfast. Why they are the best cheat meal and perfect hangover food. Especially when you include beer.
Carbonade Flamande – Flemish Stew
Thanks Chicago Tribune for this too good to be true Belgian Stew.