Pale Ale Spinach and Artichoke Dip
This Spinach and Artichoke Dip is delicious. And addicting. And goes so well with beer. I wouldn’t count on any leftovers…
By Mairyn Chorney on Mar. 13, 2017
- ½ cup pale ale
- 16 oz thawed, chopped frozen spinach
- 12 oz thawed, chopped frozen artichoke hearts (or jarred)
- 2 tbs butter
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2 tbs garlic, minced
- 6 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- ½ cup monterey jack or mozzarella, grated
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce (optional)
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp.salt
- Boil spinach and artichokes in 2½ cups water until tender. Transfer to a fine mesh strainer to drain, using the back of a spoon to press out any remaining liquid. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook an additional minute until fragrant. Stir in the beer followed by the cream cheese, sour cream, and grated cheeses. Cook, stirring regularly, until the cheese is fully melted and incorporated.
- Add lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, and salt to taste. Stir in the spinach and artichokes, transfer to a bowl, and serve warm alongside a cold, hoppy beer.
Shared from Beer Bitty.
Boozy Baked Donuts
You can make these Guinness Donuts for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack time!
English Porter Chicken Tikka Masala
Instead of ordering take out tonight, try making your very own Indian dish with your favourite porter!
Beer Braised Brussels Sprouts
These tasty Brussels sprouts will quickly become a favorite go-to. The caramelization of the pale ale creates a perfect glaze for these healthy veggies.