We all know that chocolate and pretzels go great together. Turn this great duo into an amazing trio with your favourite porter. This sweet and salty recipe is bound to be a crowd-pleaser.
By Just Beer Community Collection on Nov. 25, 2016
- 12 ounces of an imperial stout or porter beer
- 3/4 cup butter (cut into cubes)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup bread flour (this will make them chewy)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup pretzels twists (break into small pieces)
- ¼ cup honey roasted peanuts
- In a pot, over medium-high heat, add the beer and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 1 tbs. About 8 to 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter and both types of sugar, beat until well creamed. Add the egg and the yolk, beat until well combined. Add leftover beer, and vanilla extract and beat until well combined, scraping the bottom to make sure all the ingredients are well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add both types of flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Add dry ingredients to the stand mixer and mix on medium-low speed until just barely combined, don’t over mix. Add the chocolate chips, pretzel pieces, and peanuts, and stir until incorporated.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, scoop golfball sized scoops of dough, roll them into round balls and place on the baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until light golden brown, don’t over bake. (If you don’t chill the dough, or if you make smaller sized cookies, the cooking time will be much shorter. Start to keep an eye on your cookies after about 12 minutes.)
Shared from The Beeroness
The Ultimate Beer Burger
Simply-made or indulgently complicated, a good burger can come in a slew of mouth-watering iterations. But one thing’s for sure: It’s best served with a cold beer.
Guinness Jello Shots
Throwing a St. Paddy’s Day bash?! This is the perfect treat that all your guests will love!
How to Make Green Beer for St. Patrick’s Day
Whether you’re hosting a St. Paddy’s Day party or simply treating yourself to a pint, these are the tips and tricks you need to know to make the perfect pint of green beer.
Boozy Baked Donuts
You can make these Guinness Donuts for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack time!