Chilled Tomato Beer Soup
Okay, so maybe you’ve heard of a Red Eye, Bloody Beer, Chelada, or Beesear (beer caesar), but have you ever thought about adding beer to SOUP??!
By Dustin Miller on Jun. 23, 2016
Adding beer to soup?!?!? It’s not actually that crazy, many people do this on a daily bases. Think of it as refreshment in a bowl!
Here’s a list of great cold tomato soup recipes and a list of beers you could add to “spice those soups up”
10 Cold Tomato Soup Recipes:
- Chilled Tomato Soup With Cilantro-Yogurt Swirl (Eating Well)
- Chilled Tomato Soup #1 (ChefSteps)
- Chilled Tomato Soup #2 (New York Times | Cooking)
- Chilled Tomato Soup #3 (sbs)
- Chilled Roasted Tomato Soup (BBC | Food recipes)
- Cold Grilled Heirloom Tomato Soup with Crab and Chives (Whole Foods Market)
- Moroccan-Spiced Cold Tomato Soup (Epicurious)
- ‘Abundance’ Tomato Soup with Basil Oil (Jamie Oliver)
- Cold Tomato Basil Soup Recipe (about food)
- Cold Tomato Soup from Cordoba (de Rechupete)
10 Beers You Could Add
- Budweiser / Bud Light
- Busch Light
- Coors Light
- Molson Canadian
- Sleeman Original Draught
- Miller Genuine Draft
- Steam Whistle Pilsner
- Pilsner Urquell
Beer note: These beers are just easy recommendations, your best bet is to simply use your favourite Czech / German pilsner or American light / pale lager.
- Once the tomato soup is complete, chill it for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the beer (about 1/2 can – 1/3 of a can per bowl of soup), season with salt and pepper, and garnish with chives, or parsley.
VIDEO: Emeril Lagasse Cooks With Beer
In this episode of Emeril Live, Emeril Lagasse makes not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 different recipes with our favorite ingredient BEER!!! BAM!!!
The Beer Maven’s Beer Beef Stew
What’s better than a regular beef stew? Beer beef stew! Follow this recipe for your slow cooker, electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
9 Beer Float Ideas
If you need a new favorite summer treat, we have one that you will not be able to resist. Beer and ice cream are two things one craves on a hot summer day. So why not put them together? But before you go out and grab just any beer and any ice cream, learn what pairs well!
Beer Desserts You Can’t Live Without
These decadent desserts are a perfect way to soothe your sweet tooth and finish off that left over beer in the fridge.