Red Eye Chilled Tomato Soup with Beer
Okay, so maybe you’ve heard of a Red Eye, Bloody Beer, Chelada, or Beesear (beer caesar), but have you ever thought about adding beer to SOUP??!
By Dustin Miller on Jun. 23, 2016
Well it makes perfect sense to us!
Here’s a list of great cold tomato soup recipes and a list of beers you could add to “spice those soups up”
10 Cold Tomato Soup Recipes
- Chilled Tomato Soup With Cilantro-Yogurt Swirl (Eating Well)
- Chilled Tomato Soup #1 (ChefSteps)
- Chilled Tomato Soup #2 (New York Times | Cooking)
- Chilled Tomato Soup #3 (sbs)
- Chilled Roasted Tomato Soup (BBC | Food recipes)
- Cold Grilled Heirloom Tomato Soup with Crab and Chives (Whole Foods Market)
- Moroccan-Spiced Cold Tomato Soup (Epicurious)
- ‘Abundance’ Tomato Soup with Basil Oil (Jamie Oliver)
- Cold Tomato Basil Soup Recipe (about food)
- Cold Tomato Soup from Cordoba (de Rechupete)
10 Beers You Could Add
- Budweiser / Bud Light
- Busch Light
- Coors Light
- Molson Canadian
- Sleeman Original Draught
- Miller Genuine Draft
- Steam Whistle Pilsner
- Pilsner Urquell
Beer note: These beers are just easy recommendations, your best bet is to simply use your favourite Czech / German pilsner or American light / pale lager.
- Once the tomato soup is complete, chill it for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the beer (about 1/2 can – 1/3 of a can per bowl of soup), season with salt and pepper, and garnish with chives, or parsley.
The Organic Moscow Mule Cocktail
This refreshing summer cocktail using ginger beer and vodka is perfect for all those fantastic pool parties and summer BBQs.
VIDEO: Ketchup and Mayo Ice Cream
Dip your fries in this strange and delicious (?) recipe. #comfortfood
VIDEO: Tips for Making the Perfect Beer-Battered Fish
You love fish and chips! So do we! Now make them at home with these great tips! And adding a little beer to the batter makes them that much more delectable.