Red Eye Chilled Tomato Soup with Beer
Okay, so maybe you’ve heard of a Red Eye, Bloody Beer, Chelada, or Beesear (beer caesar), but have you ever thought about adding beer to SOUP??!
By Dustin Miller on Jun. 23, 2016
Well it makes perfect sense to us!
Here’s a list of great cold tomato soup recipes and a list of beers you could add to “spice those soups up”
10 Cold Tomato Soup Recipes
- Chilled Tomato Soup With Cilantro-Yogurt Swirl (Eating Well)
- Chilled Tomato Soup #1 (ChefSteps)
- Chilled Tomato Soup #2 (New York Times | Cooking)
- Chilled Tomato Soup #3 (sbs)
- Chilled Roasted Tomato Soup (BBC | Food recipes)
- Cold Grilled Heirloom Tomato Soup with Crab and Chives (Whole Foods Market)
- Moroccan-Spiced Cold Tomato Soup (Epicurious)
- ‘Abundance’ Tomato Soup with Basil Oil (Jamie Oliver)
- Cold Tomato Basil Soup Recipe (about food)
- Cold Tomato Soup from Cordoba (de Rechupete)
10 Beers You Could Add
- Budweiser / Bud Light
- Busch Light
- Coors Light
- Molson Canadian
- Sleeman Original Draught
- Miller Genuine Draft
- Steam Whistle Pilsner
- Pilsner Urquell
Beer note: These beers are just easy recommendations, your best bet is to simply use your favourite Czech / German pilsner or American light / pale lager.
- Once the tomato soup is complete, chill it for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the beer (about 1/2 can – 1/3 of a can per bowl of soup), season with salt and pepper, and garnish with chives, or parsley.
If you are not already a homebrewer this brew recipe list will have you itching to start and if you are a homebrewer, what are you waiting for? Get started!
Tasty Vegetarian Recipes with Beer
Beer tends to be associated with meat, so it is hard to find really good vegetarian meals using beer, but we found a bunch and put them together right here for you. Enjoy!
Cucumber Basil IPA Beer Cooler / Cocktail (AKA CB-IPA Crusher)
IPAs (India Pale Ales) are generally strong flavoured beers, with heavy citrus and floral flavors; and those qualities make them great for cocktails! Check out this great refreshing summer drink recipe…
Beer Bread Recipes
These recipes are doughy and delicious and best of all they have your favourite ingredient; BEER! Try them when you have company or when you are on your own we know they will quickly become a household favourite.