Red Eye Chilled Tomato Soup with Beer
Okay, so maybe you’ve heard of a Red Eye, Bloody Beer, Chelada, or Beesear (beer caesar), but have you ever thought about adding beer to SOUP??!
By Dustin Miller on Jun. 23, 2016
Well it makes perfect sense to us!
Here’s a list of great cold tomato soup recipes and a list of beers you could add to “spice those soups up”
10 Cold Tomato Soup Recipes
- Chilled Tomato Soup With Cilantro-Yogurt Swirl (Eating Well)
- Chilled Tomato Soup #1 (ChefSteps)
- Chilled Tomato Soup #2 (New York Times | Cooking)
- Chilled Tomato Soup #3 (sbs)
- Chilled Roasted Tomato Soup (BBC | Food recipes)
- Cold Grilled Heirloom Tomato Soup with Crab and Chives (Whole Foods Market)
- Moroccan-Spiced Cold Tomato Soup (Epicurious)
- ‘Abundance’ Tomato Soup with Basil Oil (Jamie Oliver)
- Cold Tomato Basil Soup Recipe (about food)
- Cold Tomato Soup from Cordoba (de Rechupete)
10 Beers You Could Add
- Budweiser / Bud Light
- Busch Light
- Coors Light
- Molson Canadian
- Sleeman Original Draught
- Miller Genuine Draft
- Steam Whistle Pilsner
- Pilsner Urquell
Beer note: These beers are just easy recommendations, your best bet is to simply use your favourite Czech / German pilsner or American light / pale lager.
- Once the tomato soup is complete, chill it for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the beer (about 1/2 can – 1/3 of a can per bowl of soup), season with salt and pepper, and garnish with chives, or parsley.
Guinness Bacon Cheeseburgers
No, the burgers won’t give you a buzz—there’s about half a cup in the patties—but enough to give that umami char burger thing a bit more juicy awesomeness. Top it with bacon and some sharp Irish cheddar and fortify your stomach for a day of…revelry.
Super Easy Guinness Pancakes
Ingredients Pancake Mix (and associated ingredients) Guinness Beer Chocolate Chips Directions Substitute 1 cup of Guinness for one cup of milk when following the package directions. Add a bit more pancake mix (about 1/4 cup) to achieve the proper batter consistency; but the eggs and the oil amounts stayed the same. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips
VIDEO: Tips for Making the Perfect Beer-Battered Fish
You love fish and chips! So do we! Now make them at home with these great tips! And adding a little beer to the batter makes them that much more delectable.
The Organic Moscow Mule Cocktail
This refreshing summer cocktail using ginger beer and vodka is perfect for all those fantastic pool parties and summer BBQs.