These fried scallops are the perfect appetizer for any dinner party!
By Just Beer Community Collection on Dec. 20, 2016
- 1/4 cup pilsner beer
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 small jalapeño with seeds (minced)
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 lb sea scallops (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup bottled clam broth
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 scallions (thinly sliced)
- salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Tartar sauce and lemon wedges (for serving)
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 inches of oil to 350°.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the all-purpose flour with the cornmeal, baking powder, 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Add the eggs, clam broth and beer and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Fold in the scallops, scallions, onion and jalapeño.
- Working in batches, drop heaping teaspoons of the batter into the oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown all over, about 7 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fritters to paper towels. Serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
Shared from Food & Wine.
Guinness Beef Short Rib Sandwich
A can of Guinness makes the beef moist and gives it a rich flavour.
White Bean Turkey Beer Chili
If you have leftover turkey from last night, this is what you should do with it.
Beer Candied Bacon
Beer mmmmmm….. Bacon mmmmm…… now all we need is a doughnut for dessert. Mmmmmmm doughnut!