These fried scallops are the perfect appetizer for any dinner party!
By Just Beer Community Collection on Dec. 20, 2016
- 1/4 cup pilsner beer
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 small jalapeño with seeds (minced)
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 lb sea scallops (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup bottled clam broth
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 scallions (thinly sliced)
- salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Tartar sauce and lemon wedges (for serving)
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 inches of oil to 350°.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the all-purpose flour with the cornmeal, baking powder, 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Add the eggs, clam broth and beer and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Fold in the scallops, scallions, onion and jalapeño.
- Working in batches, drop heaping teaspoons of the batter into the oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown all over, about 7 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fritters to paper towels. Serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
Shared from Food & Wine.
VIDEO: Tips for Making the Perfect Beer-Battered Fish
You love fish and chips! So do we! Now make them at home with these great tips! And adding a little beer to the batter makes them that much more delectable.
Guinness Ice Cream
Give in to your sweet tooth with this extremely delicious beer ice cream!
Frankenmuth Brewery’s Beer Gravy
Christmas is just around the corner, which means you’re probably planning your big turkey dinner. Try a new gravy recipe that all your guests will love!
Guinness Jello Shots
Throwing a St. Paddy’s Day bash?! This is the perfect treat that all your guests will love!