Sip, Sense and Savor
Tickets on sale today for America’s Premier Craft Beer & Food Pairing Event which is returning to the District of Columbia.
By Just Beer Community Collection on Mar. 22, 2017
For its 10th year, SAVOR℠: An American Craft Beer & Food Experience, presented by the Brewers Association (BA), will take place in Washington, D.C. Hailed as the nation’s premier craft beer and food pairing event, SAVOR brings thousands of craft beer lovers and foodies from around the country together for an exceptional culinary experience.
Featuring a diverse lineup of 86 small and independent craft breweries—10 more breweries than in 2016—this year SAVOR will debut a new Grand Marketplace setting, allowing for greater mobility and discovery throughout the Great Hall of the National Building Museum. For the first time, select breweries will occupy the spectacular second-floor balcony and be paired with artisanal charcuterie, chocolate, cheese and oyster producers.
As guests explore the Grand Marketplace and delight in the flavorful craft beer and culinary pairings, they will be able to meet and mingle with the talented luminaries behind their favorite craft beer selections.
Friday, June 2 and Saturday, June 3, 2017
7:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. ET
- National Building Museum, 401 F Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20001
86 small and independent craft brewers from around the country
- 31 states and Washington, D.C. are represented
- 40 percent of breweries are first-time SAVOR participants
- 64 percent of the participating breweries were not at SAVOR last year
Chef Adam Dulye, Brewers Association executive chef and co-author of CraftBeer.com’s Beer & Food Course, fashioned the food pairing menu with collaboration from several world class chefs, purveyors, Cicerones and Brewers Association staff.
Beer lovers continue to support independent producers around the country, contributing to the popularity of craft beer. The surge in interest has brought considerable attention from the culinary sphere, creating a harmonization between craft beer and cuisine. SAVOR celebrates this collaboration by bringing together and showcasing some of America’s finest craft beer and culinary combinations, all curated by Chef Dulye.
- Member Pre-Sale: Tuesday, March 21, 2017
- Public Ticket Sale: Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Collaboration Beer: Hardywood Park Craft Brewery in Virginia and New Belgium Brewing Company in Colorado will join forces to create a beer exclusively for SAVOR attendees. Each attendee will receive a bottle of this special beer as an exit gift.
- Purveyors and Producers: This year’s specialty stations feature outstanding new vendors that will be paired with breweries on the second-floor balcony of the National Building Museum. This year’s producers include:
- Nathan Miller Chocolate, which will make and procure all chocolate selections;
- Nathan Anda and Red Apron Butcher, which will provide a charcuterie station;
- American Cheese Society, which will coordinate an artisan cheese station;
- Chop Tank, which will host the ever-popular oyster bar;
- Monterey Fish Market, which will supply a sustainable raw bar.
Win a trip for two on a Belgium to France Beercation Cruise
DRAFT Magazine & Brussels Airlines are giving away a cabin for two on this Beercation Cruise and Brussels Airlines is providing round trip airfare for 2 from NYC to Belgium!
Why are you wearing that brewer’s shoes?!
Join us as the Be the Brewer contest moves on to the final stage.
Homebrew Con 2017
Thousands of Homebrewers Gather in Twin Cities for Three-Day Conference and Expo
Inglewood microbrewery told no more hair of the dog
Brewery owner says he’s working on a compromise after AHS said pets were not allowed inside