The Beer Maven’s Beer Beef Stew
What’s better than a regular beef stew? BEER BEEF STEW!
By The Beer Maven Sondra Baker on May. 09, 2018
- 2lbs (1 kg) of stewing Alberta beef or beef of choice
- 2 farmers carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 cups baby potatoes halved
- 1 pkg of beef stew seasoning
- 1 sachet of OXO beef bouillon
- 3/4 can of coors banquet beer (or your fav ale) (drink leftovers while cooking)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- 2 tbsp of flour (or corn starch if you’re gluten free like me)
- Add beef to slow cooker with carrots and mix with package of beef stew seasoning, flour, chili powder and beef bouillon. Stir until mixed evenly.
- Add water and beer, stir.
- Add carrots , potatoes and celery.
- Cook on high until potatoes are tender then turn down the heat to low for the last hour (cooking time around 6 hours).
- Adjust flavoring with salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder while cooking.
- Stir, taste and adjust to liking.
- Add thickener if needed (cornstarch or flour to small bowl with a little warm water to make a paste), avoiding clumps in the stew.
- Drink you favorite beer while cooking and watch your favorite sport. Every Sunday is crockpot Sunday and NFL day at my house!
Serve with homemade biscuits, craft beer and enjoy with your favorite people. Cheers!
For more articles including this one check out my new website The Beer Maven
Foods For The 16 Days of Oktoberfest
These are not made with beer, but they go perfectly with a nice big mug of it. Try them at Oktoberfest or follow the recipes to make them at home. There is one for everyday of Oktoberfest to keep you happy and full.
Red Eye Chilled Tomato Soup with Beer
Okay, so maybe you’ve heard of a Red Eye, Bloody Beer, Chelada, or Beesear (beer caesar), but have you ever thought about adding beer to SOUP??!
Cucumber Basil IPA Beer Cooler / Cocktail (AKA CB-IPA Crusher)
IPAs (India Pale Ales) are generally strong flavoured beers, with heavy citrus and floral flavors; and those qualities make them great for cocktails! Check out this great refreshing summer drink recipe…
The Organic Moscow Mule Cocktail
This refreshing summer cocktail using ginger beer and vodka is perfect for all those fantastic pool parties and summer BBQs.