The Beer Maven’s Beer Beef Stew
What’s better than a regular beef stew? Beer beef stew! Follow this recipe for your slow cooker, electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
By The Beer Maven Sondra Baker on May. 09, 2018
Slow Cooker Beer Beef Stew
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Beer Beef Stew
Ingredients for Beer Beef Stew Recipe
- 2lbs (1 kg) of stewing Alberta beef or beef of choice
- 2 farmers carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 cups baby potatoes halved
- 1 pkg of beef stew seasoning
- 1 sachet of OXO beef bouillon
- 3/4 can of Coors Banquet beer (or your fav ale) (drink leftovers while cooking)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- 2 tbsp of flour (or corn starch if you’re gluten free like me)
Recipe Directions – Beef Stew with Beer
- Put the beef in the slow cooker with carrots and mix with a package of beef stew seasoning, 2 tbsp of flour, 1 tbsp of chili powder and 1 sachet of beef bouillon. Stir the mixture until evenly mixed in the slow cooker.
- Add 2 cups of water and 3/4 can of beer and stir.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and celery in the slow cooker.
- Cook on the stew on high until the potatoes are tender, then turn down the heat to low for the last hour of cooking (cooking time around 6 hours).
*If using electric pressure cooker like an Instant Pot, use “meat / stew” setting and allow for additional 15 minute cool down.
- Adjust the flavouring with salt, pepper, garlic powder and / or chili powder while cooking.
- Stir, taste and adjust to your liking.
- Add thickener if needed (cornstarch or flour to small bowl with a little warm water to make a paste), avoiding clumps in the stew.
- Drink your favorite beer while cooking and watch your favorite sport. Every Sunday is crockpot Sunday and NFL day at my house!
Serve this Beer Beef Stew with homemade biscuits, craft beer and enjoy with your favorite people. Cheers!
5 Delicious Must-Try Beer Combinations
As if beer wasn’t already awesome enough on its own, mix it in a cocktail for even more deliciousness.
10 Beer Dessert Recipes You Need To Try
These decadent desserts are a perfect way to soothe your sweet tooth and finish off that left over beer in the fridge.
Super Bowl Worthy Beer Snacks & Beer Pairings for Any Football Game Party
Whether it’s Super Bowl Sunday or Monday Night Football, this list of game day appetizers, desserts, and other snacks made with beer are totally worth a touchdown dance! These football tailgate snacks will have all your friends asking for the recipe.
5 Best Holiday Beer Cocktail Recipes for the Christmas Season
You’ve got a fully stocked bar with all the fixings for your holiday party now here are some beer cocktails to serve up which will make your party merry and bright.