The Beer Maven’s Beer Beef Stew
What’s better than a regular beef stew? Beer beef stew! Follow this recipe for your slow cooker, electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
By The Beer Maven Sondra Baker on May. 09, 2018
Slow Cooker Beer Beef Stew
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Beer Beef Stew
Ingredients for Beer Beef Stew Recipe
- 2lbs (1 kg) of stewing Alberta beef or beef of choice
- 2 farmers carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 cups baby potatoes halved
- 1 pkg of beef stew seasoning
- 1 sachet of OXO beef bouillon
- 3/4 can of Coors Banquet beer (or your fav ale) (drink leftovers while cooking)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- 2 tbsp of flour (or corn starch if you’re gluten free like me)
Recipe Directions – Beef Stew with Beer
- Put the beef in the slow cooker with carrots and mix with a package of beef stew seasoning, 2 tbsp of flour, 1 tbsp of chili powder and 1 sachet of beef bouillon. Stir the mixture until evenly mixed in the slow cooker.
- Add 2 cups of water and 3/4 can of beer and stir.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and celery in the slow cooker.
- Cook on the stew on high until the potatoes are tender, then turn down the heat to low for the last hour of cooking (cooking time around 6 hours).
*If using electric pressure cooker like an Instant Pot, use “meat / stew” setting and allow for additional 15 minute cool down.
- Adjust the flavouring with salt, pepper, garlic powder and / or chili powder while cooking.
- Stir, taste and adjust to your liking.
- Add thickener if needed (cornstarch or flour to small bowl with a little warm water to make a paste), avoiding clumps in the stew.
- Drink your favorite beer while cooking and watch your favorite sport. Every Sunday is crockpot Sunday and NFL day at my house!
Serve this Beer Beef Stew with homemade biscuits, craft beer and enjoy with your favorite people. Cheers!
5 Delicious Beer Salad Dressing Recipes
These vinaigrette recipes are so tasty, it will make you forget you’re eating salad.
DIY High Alcohol Kombucha Brew Recipe by Boochcraft
If you’ve been itching to brew your own high alcohol kombucha at home, here is a step-by-step recipe by Boochcraft that will yield 1 gallon of hard kombucha at approximately 4-7% ABV.
The Organic Moscow Mule Cocktail
This refreshing summer cocktail using ginger beer and vodka is perfect for all those fantastic pool parties and summer BBQs.
11 Beer Recipes Every Guinness Lover Needs To Try
You won’t need the luck of the Irish to whip up these delicious delights! With these delicious Guinness recipes, you