The Beer Maven’s Beer Beef Stew
What’s better than a regular beef stew? Beer beef stew! Follow this recipe for your slow cooker, electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
By The Beer Maven Sondra Baker on May. 09, 2018
Slow Cooker Beer Beef Stew
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Beer Beef Stew
Ingredients for Beer Beef Stew Recipe
- 2lbs (1 kg) of stewing Alberta beef or beef of choice
- 2 farmers carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 cups baby potatoes halved
- 1 pkg of beef stew seasoning
- 1 sachet of OXO beef bouillon
- 3/4 can of Coors Banquet beer (or your fav ale) (drink leftovers while cooking)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- 2 tbsp of flour (or corn starch if you’re gluten free like me)
Recipe Directions – Beef Stew with Beer
- Add beef to slow cooker with carrots and mix with package of beef stew seasoning, flour, chili powder and beef bouillon. Stir until mixed evenly.
- Add water and beer, stir.
- Add carrots , potatoes and celery.
- Cook on high until potatoes are tender then turn down the heat to low for the last hour (cooking time around 6 hours).
*If using electric pressure cooker like Instant Pot, use “meat / stew” setting and allow for additional 15 minute cool down.
- Adjust flavoring with salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder while cooking.
- Stir, taste and adjust to liking.
- Add thickener if needed (cornstarch or flour to small bowl with a little warm water to make a paste), avoiding clumps in the stew.
- Drink your favorite beer while cooking and watch your favorite sport. Every Sunday is crockpot Sunday and NFL day at my house!
Serve this Beer Beef Stew with homemade biscuits, craft beer and enjoy with your favorite people. Cheers!
Mulled Beer Recipes
After a long winter’s day, you’re craving a warm and cozy beverage. What do you grab? A hot glass of… beer!
9 Easy & Delicious Beer Float Recipes
If you need a new favorite summer treat, we have one that you will not be able to resist. Beer and ice cream are two things one craves on a hot summer day. So why not put them together? But before you go out and grab just any beer and any ice cream, learn what pairs well!
16 Oktoberfest Recipes – Traditional Bavarian or German Style Foods & Dishes
These German dishes may not be made with beer, but they pair perfectly with a nice big mug of it. Try these delicious, traditional Bavarian meals at Oktoberfest or follow the recipes to make them at home.
Cucumber Basil IPA Beer Cooler Recipe
India Pale Ales (IPAs) are generally strong flavoured beers, with heavy citrus and floral flavors; and those qualities make them great for cocktails! Check out this great refreshing summer drink recipe.