The Beer Maven’s Beer Beef Stew
What’s better than a regular beef stew? BEER BEEF STEW!
By The Beer Maven Sondra Baker on May. 09, 2016
- 2lbs (1 kg) of stewing Alberta beef or beef of choice
- 2 farmers carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 cups baby potatoes halved
- 1 pkg of beef stew seasoning
- 1 sachet of OXO beef bouillon
- 3/4 can of coors banquet beer (or your fav ale) (drink leftovers while cooking)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- 2 tbsp of flour (or corn starch if you’re gluten free like me)
- Add beef to slow cooker with carrots and mix with package of beef stew seasoning, flour, chili powder and beef bouillon. Stir until mixed evenly.
- Add water and beer, stir.
- Add carrots , potatoes and celery.
- Cook on high until potatoes are tender then turn down the heat to low for the last hour (cooking time around 6 hours).
- Adjust flavoring with salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder while cooking.
- Stir, taste and adjust to liking.
- Add thickener if needed (cornstarch or flour to small bowl with a little warm water to make a paste), avoiding clumps in the stew.
- Drink you favorite beer while cooking and watch your favorite sport. Every Sunday is crockpot Sunday and NFL day at my house!
Serve with homemade biscuits, craft beer and enjoy with your favorite people. Cheers!
For more articles including this one check out my new website The Beer Maven
Home Brewing: How to Make Kombucha & Kombucha Beer/Ale
What is Kombucha, how do you make it, what does it have to do with beer, and why is this super food getting so popular? Everything you need to know about this fermented drink and it’s antioxidant-rich, probiotic qualities…
9 Beer Float Ideas
If you need a new favorite summer treat, we have one that you will not be able to resist. Beer and ice cream are two things one craves on a hot summer day. So why not put them together? But before you go out and grab just any beer and any ice cream, learn what pairs well!
Guinness-Battered Fish and Chips
The Irish love nothing more than heading to the “chipper” for fish and chips, whether it’s the famous Dublin shop Leo Burdocks or your local chipper there’s nothing like chomping down on a fish and chips
Beer Salad Dressing
This vinaigrette is so tasty, it will make you forget you’re eating salad.