How to Make Beer Beef Stew – Beef Stew with Beer Recipe by The Beer Maven
What’s better than a regular beef stew? Beer beef stew! Follow this recipe for your slow cooker, electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
By The Beer Maven Sondra Baker on Nov. 22, 2019
Slow Cooker Beer Beef Stew
Electric Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Beer Beef Stew
Ingredients for Beer Beef Stew Recipe
- 2lbs (1 kg) of stewing Alberta beef or beef of choice
- 2 farmers carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 cups baby potatoes halved
- 1 pkg of beef stew seasoning
- 1 sachet of OXO beef bouillon
- 3/4 can of Coors Banquet beer (or your fav ale) (drink leftovers while cooking)
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- 2 tbsp of flour (or corn starch if you’re gluten free like me)
Cooking Directions – How to Make Beef Stew with Beer
- Put the beef in the slow cooker with carrots and mix with a package of beef stew seasoning, 2 tbsp of flour, 1 tbsp of chili powder and 1 sachet of beef bouillon. Stir the mixture until evenly mixed in the slow cooker.
- Add 2 cups of water and 3/4 can of beer and stir.
- Add the carrots, potatoes and celery in the slow cooker.
- Cook on the stew on high until the potatoes are tender, then turn down the heat to low for the last hour of cooking (cooking time around 6 hours).
*If using electric pressure cooker like an Instant Pot, use “meat / stew” setting and allow for additional 15 minute cool down.
- Adjust the flavouring with salt, pepper, garlic powder and / or chili powder while cooking.
- Stir, taste and adjust to your liking.
- Add thickener if needed (cornstarch or flour to small bowl with a little warm water to make a paste), avoiding clumps in the stew.
- Drink your favorite beer while cooking and watch your favorite sport. Every Sunday is crockpot Sunday and NFL day at my house!
Serve this Beer Beef Stew with homemade biscuits, craft beer and enjoy with your favorite people. Cheers!
This article was written in collaboration with Sondra Baker, a.k.a. “The Beer Maven” for more beer reviews, recipes and more, check out The Beer Maven’s Instagram page!
Chilled Tomato Beer Soup Recipe
You have probably heard of a Red Eye, Bloody Beer, Chelada, or Beesear (beer caesar), but have you ever thought about adding beer to your soup? …Neither did we!
16 Oktoberfest Recipes – Traditional Bavarian or German Style Foods & Dishes
These German dishes may not be made with beer, but they pair perfectly with a nice big mug of it. Try these delicious, traditional Bavarian meals at Oktoberfest or follow the recipes to make them at home.
A Simple Guide to Grilling Beer Can Chicken
Beer Can Chicken: An easy method for grilling a flavorful and tender chicken that keeps all eyes on the grill, and provides that “wow” factor for any cookout you host.
Cucumber Basil IPA Beer Cooler Recipe
India Pale Ales (IPAs) are generally strong flavoured beers, with heavy citrus and floral flavors; and those qualities make them great for cocktails! Check out this great refreshing summer drink recipe.