The Dirty Flower
If you’re bringing this to a tailgate or a party, which you probably should, keep it chilled and don’t add the cold beer until ready to serve.
By Mairyn Chorney on Feb. 07, 2017
- 6 bottles of wheat beer
- 1 medium grapefruit
- 6 oz gin (chilled)
- 4 1/2 oz St. Germain Elderflower liqueur
- 3 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 3 dashes of orange bitters
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove 6 wide strips of peel from the grapefruit, making sure to avoid the white pith; set aside. Squeeze 3 ounces of juice from the grapefruit and place in a 3-quart container.
- Add the gin, St-Germain, lemon juice, sugar, and orange bitters to the container and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add the beer and gently stir to combine.
- To serve, twist one grapefruit peel over a beer glass or cup filled with ice and drop inside. Top with the mixture and serve.
Shared from Chowhound.
How to Make Green Beer for St. Patrick’s Day
Whether you’re hosting a St. Paddy’s Day party or simply treating yourself to a pint, these are the tips and tricks you need to know to make the perfect pint of green beer.
Coconut Porter Ice Cream
This ice cream made with coconut milk and your favourite porter is the perfect late night treat!