Thu December 01, 2016
5:45 pm to 10:00 pm
On Thursday Dec.1, meet us in the heart of 17th Ave, where the “born and raised” staff of Trolley 5 Restaurant and Brewery will greet you. Be prepared to be spoiled with a family style feast highlighting Trolley 5’s succulent Alberta slo-cooked meat and, of course core beers, seasonal brew and collaborations. It’s truly an original, impressive, space.
On your second stop be prepared to be schooled on “Strong and Free” in Alberta by Wildrose Brewery. Their Taproom is housed in AF 23, part of Currie Barracks, Calgary’s military base established in 1934 and now being re-purposed as an inner city destination near Mount Royal University. This brewery location is only a small portion of their overall production, however they like to think this location as a place for top-secret experiments were conducted to determine the effects of beer and delicious food on soldiers.
Time to travel across the city to tour the newest breweries to hit Calgary. First up is Banded Peak Brewing named after a line of mountains in Kananaskis Country in the Rocky Mountains. These brewers are more than your typical outdoor enthusiasts, however their production ideas are just as crisp and fresh.
Our last stop is Cold Garden Beverage Company, nestled in the trendy and spirited neighborhood of Inglewood. Not only will these folks be making some amazing brew but will be expanding into spirits. Truly a grass root company, they are breathing new life into an area of the city that was once known as the “Beer Flats”. (Brewster’s Pub will be replacing Cold Garden until they have completed construction)
At the end of the tour you will be driven back to your Trolley 5, where you can continue your night along or make your way home. Talk to your chauffeur/guide or the friendly staff at Trolley 5 for a Checker Yellow cab. We want to make sure you are taken care of and reach your final destination safely.
The tour includes:
- Guided tour and tastings at Trolley 5 Restaurant & Brewery, Wildrose Brewery, Banded Peak Brewery and Cold Garden Beverage Company
- Dinner at Trolley 5 Restaurant & Brewery served family style
- Souvenir bag stocked with goodies and coupons including bottled water and snack
- Collectable beer labels (by request only)
- Merchandise discounts on all stops including beverages and merchandise
- Transportation provided by a driver guide from downtown Calgary
- Start time of the tour is 6:00 p.m. at Trolley 5 Restaurant & Brewery, (728 17 Ave SW) return is 10:00 p.m.
- Tour runs year round every Thursday evening
- Guaranteed tour with no minimum guest requirements