Sat July 29, 2017
2:00 pm to 5:30 pm
July 29 is a great day for a beer crawl. We will visit three venerable San Francisco microbreweries and/or beer bars and use our industry connections to bring each stop to life in a way you could not achieve on your own. We will explain the unique role each of our destinations plays in the craft beer scene and provide some background behind each beer you consume. Whenever possible, we will take you behind the scenes on a brewery tour and introduce you to brewers and other knowledgeable employees who can bring additional insight.
While we walk from one brewery to the next, your guide will briefly, but vividly, describe the SOMA's checkered past and brewing history, using buildings we pass as reference points.
As time passes and beer flows, friendships are made and informative sessions transition into a more festive atmosphere, but your guide will never stop educating those who want to hear more. The tour concludes after about 3.5 hours. By this point you should be full of smiles and new knowledge, as well as enough beer that you can't drive home, but you could still walk home.
In San Francisco there is always another great bar nearby, perhaps you will join some of your new drinking buddies for another pint, a bite to eat, and more beer conversation. Whether or not you're able to stick around for that, your guide will be happy to help you find a way home, or recommend other excellent activities in the area.
- Beer Enthusiast/Guide who will bring the craft beer scene and the SOMA neighborhood to life
- VIP visits to at least three San Francisco microbreweries and beer bars
- Generous beer samples at each destination
- Snacks at some stops
- Mini-tour of a microbrewery
- Info about San Francisco and SOMA brewing history
- A celebratory atmosphere which encourages great times and fast friends
- Advice from your guide about how to enjoy the rest of your time in SOMA and San Francisco from a local's perspective