Sat November 12, 2016
10:15 am to 5:30 pm
The Calgary Craft Beer Tour is all about spirited craftsmanship but more importantly it’s about the delicious, refreshing beverages produced through the creativity of locals brewers. Experience the city’s good-natured, welcoming breweries and eateries with people who enjoy a satisfying brew as much as you. You will witness the region’s rich history, experience the breweries diversity and success through their individual stories, and witness the crazy lengths the brewers go to for the love of craft beer.
Activity Tour Details
Enjoy a day dedicated to notable beer while immersed in Calgary’s legendary western hospitality.
Your day begins in our picturesque downtown at the base of the iconic Calgary Tower, where you will meet your guide. After some quick introductions, our luxury vehicle will make it way to Village Brewery. Enjoy your first tasting as Village Brewery shares their craft story; one that is closely tied to the arts and cultural scene.
Next stop is always a favorite – lunch at Craft Beer Market, offering over 120 local and international taps flowing with perfectly chilled craft beer. Their steel draft lines that rise up from the towers to cross the ceiling and cascade down into the glass-enclosed keg room ensuring the brew they serve is as fresh as the North American classic cuisine they serve you.
After lunch, we shuttle you to Calgary’s first nano brewery; Dandy Brewing Company. Working in a small space, these innovative brewers use creativity and alternative-brewing equipment to produce some “dandy” brews. With their enterprising tale, you might be tempted to set up your own home brew system.
Next stop is Tool Shed Brewing Company, and yes, they started brewing in their tool shed. Tool Shed overcame challenging obstacles to become influencers by changing age-old liquor laws with passion to spare. Cuddle up around the pizza oven and listen to their fun-filled anecdotes; always a crowd pleaser.
Last but not least, your final stop is the Last Best Brewing and Distilling. A brewpub by trade, their success has blossomed to three Alberta locations. Enjoy a sample pallet with tasty appetizers that leave taste buds wanting more. While you are there, why not get a shave or haircut in the brewery’s barbershop parlor? We leave you with the option to stay at Last Best if want to continue your night. Why not check out their extensive menu? Our chauffeur/guide will direct you on how to secure quickest ride home via Checker Yellow Cab.
The tour includes:
- Guided tour and tastings at Village Brewery, CRAFT Beer Market, The Dandy Brewing Company, Tool Shed Brewing Company and Last Best Brewing and Distilling
- Lunch and beer tastings from a selected a la carte menu at CRAFT Beer Market
- Souvenir bag stocked with goodies and coupons including bottled water and snack
- Collectable beer labels (by request only)
- A pint glass from Village Brewery
- Merchandise discounts on all stops including beverages and merchandise
- Transportation provided by professional chauffer from downtown Calgary
- Start time is 10:30 am at the Calgary Tower (101 9 Ave SW). Return is 5:30 pm
- Tour dates are year round – Friday & Saturday
- Guaranteed tours, no minimum guest requirement
- End of Tour you will have two options for your transportation: remain at Last Best Brewing (we encourage you to secure a Checker Yellow Cab), shuttle you to nearby destination, or return to the Calgary Tower
$129.00 + gst